Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2014-04-17. By anonymous.
English | 2013 | ISBN: 9004245529 | ISBN-13: 9789004245525 | 548 pages | PDF | 4,2 MB
The Book of Genesis in Late Antiquity: Encounters between Jewish and Christian Exegesis examines the relationship between rabbinic and Christian exegetical writings of Late Antiquity in the Eastern Roman Empire and Mesopotamia.
The volume identifies and analyses evidence of potential â€˜encountersâ€™ between rabbinic and Christian interpretations of the book of Genesis. Each chapter investigates exegesis of a different episode of Genesis, including the Paradise Story, Cain and Abel, the Flood Story, Abraham and Melchizedek, Hagar and Ishmael, Jacobâ€™s Ladder, Joseph and Potiphar and the Blessing on Judah. The book discusses a wide range of Jewish and Christian literature, including primarily rabbinic and patristic traditions, but also apocrypha, pseudepigrapha, Philo and Josephus.
The volume sheds light on the history of the relationship between Jews and Christians in Late Antiquity, and brings together two scholars (of Rabbinics and of Eastern Christianity) in a truly collaborative work.
The research was funded by an award from the Leverhulme Trust at the Centre for the Study of Jewish-Christian Relations, Cambridge, UK, and the Centre for Advanced Religious and Theological Studies of the Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge, UK.
- Ebooks list page : 26247
- 2014-04-18The Book of Genesis in Late Antiquity: Encounters between Jewish and Christian Exegesis
- 2020-05-11Hebrew Myths - The Book Of Genesis
- 2020-04-22Universal Salvation in Late Antiquity: Porphyry of Tyre and the Pagan-Christian Debate (Oxford Studies in Late Antiquity)
- 2018-11-23In the Beginning Science Faces God in the Book of Genesis
- 2018-11-23Master the Book of GENESIS Chapter-by-Chapter Q & A's Plus, Bonus Q & A's on the Attributes of God
- 2018-11-21Master the Book of GENESIS Chapter-by-Chapter Q & A's Plus, Bonus Q & A's on the Attributes of God
- 2018-09-21Empires and Exchanges in Eurasian Late Antiquity Rome, China, Iran, and the Steppe, ca. 250-750 - Removed
- 2018-06-04ReOrienting the Sasanians East Iran in Late Antiquity
- 2018-04-11ReOrienting the Sasanians East Iran in Late Antiquity
- 2018-01-30[PDF] A Commentary on the Book of Genesis (Part I): from Adam to Noah (Volume 1)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Classifying Christians: Ethnography, Heresiology, and the Limits of Knowledge in Late Antiquity
- 2018-01-17[PDF] In the Beginning: Science Faces God in the Book of Genesis
- 2018-01-13[PDF] The Book of Genesis [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Virgin and the Bride: Idealized Womanhood in Late Antiquity
- 2017-12-20[PDF] The Book of 'Genesis': A Biography (Lives of Great Religious Books)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] The Emergence of Islam in Late Antiquity: Allah and His People
- 2017-12-08[PDF] The Rhetoric of Power in Late Antiquity: Religion and Politics in Byzantium, Europe and the Early Islamic World
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Universal Salvation in Late Antiquity: Porphyry of Tyre and the Pagan-Christian Debate (Oxford Studies in Late Antiquity)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Transformation of Frontiers: From Late Antiquity to the Carolingians (Transformation of the Roman World)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.