Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2009-09-15. By anonymous.
The Black Hearts of Men: Radical Abolitionists and the Transformation of Race
Publisher: Harvard University Press (March 30, 2004) | ISBN: 0674013670 | 384 pages | PDF | 6.7 MB
Black abolitionists Frederick Douglass and James McCune Smith and white abolitionists John Brown and Gerrit Smith proclaimed that America would realize equality and freedom when white Americans acquired a "spiritual heart that was a black heart that shared a humanity with all people and lacked the airs of superiority of a white heart." Historian Stauffer (Harvard Univ.) examines the lives of these four radical abolitionists, who linked their personal faith and Bible politics to their public behavior and forged strong bonds of friendship based on racial equality and interracial identities, envisioning an America free of racial, gender, and class distinctions. More than an engaging history of antislavery, this volume, with its abundant use of primary sources, restores James McCune Smith and Gerrit Smith to their historical positions as preeminent radical abolitionists and pioneer fighters against racism. Highly recommended for academic and public libraries. Charles L. Lumpkins, Pennsylvania State Univ., State College
- Ebooks list page : 3461
- 2020-01-10American Routes: Racial Palimpsests and the Transformation of Race
- 2021-01-08Force and Freedom Black Abolitionists and the Politics of Violence [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-08Force and Freedom: Black Abolitionists and the Politics of Violence [Audiobook]
- 2019-12-27Florynce "Flo" Kennedy: The Life of a Black Feminist Radical (Gender and American Culture)
- 2011-08-16Radical, Religious, and Violent: The New Economics of Terrorism - Removed
- 2021-03-03The Mathews Men: Seven Brothers and the War Against Hitler's U boats
- 2021-02-23The Piltdown Men Nut Rockin' and Brontosaurus Stompin' (The Singles As & Bs 1960 62) (2021)
- 2021-02-17Fat Gay Men: Girth, Mirth, and the Politics of Stigma
- 2021-01-25A Revolution of the Mind Radical Enlightenment and the Intellectual Origins of Modern Democracy [Aud...
- 2021-01-20Fat Gay Men Girth, Mirth, and the Politics of Stigma
- 2021-01-18Fat Gay Men: Girth, Mirth, and the Politics of Stigma
- 2020-12-26The Problem with Men When Is It International Men's Day (And Why It Matters) [Audiobook]
- 2020-11-18Oxbridge Men British Masculinity And The Undergraduate Experience
- 2020-11-05The Chemistry of Nitrate Radical (NO3) and Dinitrogen Pentoxide (N2O5) in Beijing - Removed
- 2020-08-10A Dominant Character - The Radical Science and Restless Politics of J B S Haldane
- 2020-08-07Radical Reformers and Respectable Rebels: How the Two Lives of Grace Oakeshott Defined an Era
- 2020-07-14Fat Gay Men: Girth, Mirth, and the Politics of Stigma (Intersections)
- 2020-06-18Oxidative Stress and Antioxidant Protection: The Science of Free Radical Biology and Disease
- 2020-05-16Rule The Finale (Black Hearts - L A Cotton
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.