Posted on 2018-07-15, by nokia241186.
The Art of Distances: Ethical Thinking in Twentieth-Century Literature by Corina Stan
English | April 15, 2018 | ISBN: 0810136864, 0810136856 | PDF | 320 pages | 2 MB
In The Art of Distances, Corina Stan identifies an insistent preoccupation with interpersonal distance in a strand of twentieth-century European and Anglophone literature that includes the work of George Orwell, Paul Morand, Elias Canetti, Iris Murdoch, Walter Benjamin, Annie Ernaux, Gunter Grass, and Damon Galgut. Specifically, Stan shows that these authors all engage in philosophical meditations, in the realm of literary writing, on the ethical question of how to live with others and how to find an ideal interpersonal distance at historical moments when there are no obviously agreed-upon social norms for ethical behavior.
Bringing these authors into dialogue with philosophers such as Michel de Montaigne, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Friedrich Nietzsche, Sigmund Freud, Helmuth Plessner, Martin Heidegger, Jean-Luc Nancy, Emmanuel Levinas, Peter Sloterdijk, Guillaume le Blanc, and Pierre Zaoui, Stan shows how the question of the right interpersonal distance became a fundamental one for the literary authors under consideration and explores what forms and genres they proposed in order to convey the complexity of this question. Albeit unknowingly, she suggests, they are engaged in fleshing out what Roland Barthes called "a science, or perhaps an art, of distances."
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36695
- 2018-05-21The Art of Distances: Ethical Thinking in Twentieth-Century Literature
- 2018-05-13The Art of Distances; Ethical Thinking in Twentieth-Century Literature
- 2017-11-04[PDF] British Spy Fiction and the End of Empire (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] We Are Imazighen: The Development of Algerian Berber Identity in Twentieth-Century Literature and Culture
- 2012-06-14Frank Miller: The Art of Sin City (French Edition)
- 2012-06-10The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- 2012-05-11The Art of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- 2012-05-11The Art of Computer Programming, Volume 4A: Combinatorial Algorithms, Part 1 - Removed
- 2012-05-11The Art of How to Train Your Dragon - Removed
- 2012-03-13Bill Underwood - Combato The Art Of Self-Defence for Soldier and Civilian (Men & Women)
- 2012-03-11The Art of Mathematics: Coffee Time in Memphis By Bela BollobÃ¡s
- 2011-11-18The Art of What Works: How Success Really Happens
- 2011-10-09The Art of SpeedReading People How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language by Paul D. Tieger
- 2011-09-01Roman's Lab Vol. 36 - The Art Of Defense
- 2011-08-07Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions
- 2009-12-09The Art of Scalability: Scalable Web Architecture, Processes, and Organizations for the Modern Enterprise
- 2019-12-20The Art of Ideas: Creative Thinking for Work and Life (Columbia Business School Publishing)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Sustainability and the Art of Long-Term Thinking (Routledge Studies in Sustainability)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Spirals: The Whirled Image in Twentieth-Century Literature and Art (Modernist Latitudes)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.