Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2011-03-13. By anonymous.
Publisher: Oxford University Press | ISBN 10: 0199554153 | 2009 | PDF | 300 pages | 10.1 MB
Alf layla wa layla (known in English as A Thousand and One Nights or The Arabian Nights) changed the world on a scale unrivalled by any other literary text. Inspired by a fourteenth-century Syrian manuscript, the appearance of Antoine Galland's twelve-volume Mille et Une Nuits in English translation (1704-1717), closely followed by the Grub Street English edition, drew the text into European circulation. Over the following three hundred years, a widely heterogeneous series of editions, compilations, translations, and variations circled the globe to reveal the absorption of The Arabian Nights into English, Continental, and global literatures, and its transformative return to modern Arabic literature, where it now enjoys a degree of prominence that it had never attained during the classical period. Beginning with a thorough introduction situating The Arabian Nights in its historical and cultural contexts-and offering a fresh examination of the text's multiple locations in the long history of modern Orientalism--this collection of essays by noted scholars from "East," "West," and in-between reassesses the influence of the Nights in Enlightenment and Romantic literature, as well as the text's vigorous afterlife in the contemporary Arabic novel.
- Ebooks list page : 10932
- 2022-10-11Byzantine Silk on the Silk Roads Journeys between East and West, Past and Present
- 2021-06-14The Silk Roads: A History of the Great Trading Routes Between East and West
- 2020-05-31Tales From the Arabian Nights Stories of Adventure, Magic, Love, and Betrayal
- 2018-07-01Can Asians Think Understanding the Divide Between East and West
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Worlds at War: The 2,500-Year Struggle Between East and West
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Relations Between East and West in the Middle Ages
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Russia Between East and West: Russian Foreign Policy on the Threshhold of the Twenty-First Century (Cummings Center Series) [Russian]
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Religions and Trade: Religious Formation, Transformation and Cross-Cultural Exchange Between East and West (Dynamics in the History of Religions)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Relations Between East and West in the Middle Ages
- 2013-06-24Worlds at War: The 2,500 - Year Struggle Between East and West by Anthony Pagden [Repost]
- 2012-09-12Anthony Pagden - Worlds at War: The 2,500-Year Struggle Between East and West
- 2011-10-18Relations Between East and West in the Middle Ages
- 2011-05-03Relations Between East and West in the Middle Ages
- 2010-07-17Between East and West: A History of the Jews of North Africa
- 2009-03-31Worlds at War: The 2,500-Year Struggle Between East and West
- 2022-03-09Interculturality Between East and West Unthink, Dialogue and Rethink - Removed
- 2020-05-21Intercultural Masquerade: New Orientalism, New Occidentalism, Old Exoticism (Encounters between East and West)
- 2019-12-27Transcultural Encounters in Knowledge Production and Consumption (Encounters between East and West)
- 2019-01-15Farewell to the Party Model Independent Local Lists in East and West European Countries - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.