Posted on 2014-04-02. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 0199811806 | 2013 | EPUB | 248 pages | 2 MB
The Aesthetic Brain takes the reader on a wide-ranging journey through the world of beauty, pleasure, and art. Chatterjee uses neuroscience to probe how an aesthetic sense is etched in our minds and evolutionary psychology to explain why aesthetic concerns feature centrally in our lives. Along the way, Chatterjee addresses fundamental questions: What is beauty? Is beauty universal? How is beauty related to pleasure? What is art? Should art be beautiful? Do we have an instinct for art? Chatterjee starts by probing the reasons that we find people, places, and even numbers beautiful. At the root of beauty, he finds, is pleasure. He then examines our pleasures by dissecting why we want and why we like food, sex, and money and how these rewards relate to aesthetic encounters. His ruminations on beauty and pleasure prepare him and the reader to face art. He wanders through the problems of defining art, understanding contemporary art, and interpreting ancient art. He explores why art, something that seems so useless, also feels fundamental to our humanity. Replete with facts, anecdotes, and analogies, this empirical guide to aesthetics offers scientific answers without deflating the wonders of beauty and art.
- Ebooks list page : 25901
- 2018-09-28The Aesthetic Brain How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art [Audiobook] - Removed
- 2018-07-22The Aesthetic Brain How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Aesthetic Brain: How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Aesthetic Brain: How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art
- 2016-07-22The Aesthetic Brain How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art
- 2011-08-23How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2020-05-13The Ghost in My Brain: How a Concussion Stole My Life and How the New Science of Brain Plasticity Helped Me Get It Back - Removed
- 2020-05-12The Relativistic Brain: How it works and why it cannot be simulated by a Turing machine
- 2019-08-02#$(Favorable) - Why You Should Read The Yes Brain: How to Cultivate Courage, Curiosity, and Resilience in Your Child by Daniel J. Siegel Online or Download [^PDF ^EPUB ^MOBI] - Removed
- 2019-07-30The Imprinted Brain; How Genes Set the Balance Between Autism and Psychosis
- 2019-05-10The Talking Ape How Language Evolved
- 2019-03-23The Talking Ape How Language Evolved - Removed
- 2019-02-28Mirrors in the Brain How Our Minds Share Actions, Emotions, and Experience
- 2019-02-18Mirrors in the Brain How Our Minds Share Actions, Emotions, and Experience
- 2019-01-03The Ghost in My Brain How a Concussion Stole My Life and How the New Science of Brain Plasticity Helped Me Get It Back - Removed
- 2018-04-25The Athletic Brain How Neuroscience is Revolutionising Sport and Can Help You Perform Better
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Healing the Angry Brain: How Understanding the Way Your Brain Works Can Help You Control Anger and Aggression
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Altruistic Brain: How We Are Naturally Good
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The Faith Instinct: How Religion Evolved and Why It Endures
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.