Posted on 2018-09-24, by nokia241186.
Taming the Sun: Innovations to Harness Solar Energy and Power the Planet [Audiobook] by Varun Sivaram
English | June 12, 2018 | ASIN: B07DHR2CB2, ISBN: 1977360920, 1977310923 | kbps | 11 hrs 10 mins | 306 MB
Narrator: Barry Abrams
Solar energy, once a niche application for a limited market, has become the cheapest and fastest-growing power source on earth. What's more, its potential is nearly limitless. But in Taming the Sun, energy expert Varun Sivaram warns that the world is not yet equipped to harness erratic sunshine to meet most of its energy needs. And if solar's current surge peters out, prospects for replacing fossil fuels and averting catastrophic climate change will dim.
Innovation can brighten those prospects, Sivaram explains. Financial innovation is already enticing deep-pocketed investors to fund solar projects around the world. Technological innovation could replace today's solar panels with coatings as cheap as paint and employ artificial photosynthesis to store intermittent sunshine as convenient fuels. And systemic innovation could add flexibility to the world's power grids and other energy systems, so they can dependably channel the sun's unreliable energy.
Unleashing all this innovation will require visionary public policy: funding researchers developing next-generation solar technologies, refashioning energy systems and economic markets, and putting together a diverse clean energy portfolio. Although solar can't power the planet by itself, it can be the centerpiece of a global clean energy revolution.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37218
- 2018-11-23Taming the Sun Innovations to Harness Solar Energy and Power the Planet
- 2018-08-06Taming the Sun Innovations to Harness Solar Energy and Power the Planet [Audiobook]
- 2012-05-17Solar Energy Projects for the Evil Genius - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Potential Use of Solar Energy and Emerging Technologies in Micro Irrigation (Innovations and Challenges in Micro Irrigation)
- 2020-02-16Solar Energy and Solar Panels: Systems, Performance and Recent Developments (Energy Science, Engineering and Technology)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Solar Energy and Solar Panels: Systems, Performance and Recent Developments
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Thermodynamics: Theory & Practice: The science of energy and power.
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Cyber-Physical Systems: Driving force for innovations in mobility, health, energy and production (acatech BEZIEHT POSITION) - Removed
- 2017-07-17Earth: The Sequel: The Race To Reinvent Energy And Stop Global Warming [audiobook]
- 2014-02-16Cyber-Physical Systems: Driving force for innovations in mobility, health, energy and production
- 2013-02-04Proceedings of ISES World Congress 2007 (Vol.1-Vol.5): Solar Energy and Human Settlement
- 2013-01-28Proceedings of ISES World Congress 2007 (Vol.1-Vol.5): Solar Energy and Human Settlement (Repost)
- 2010-01-11Proceedings of ISES World Congress 2007: Solar Energy and Human Settlement (v. 1-5)
- 2009-08-16Earth: The Sequel: The Race to Reinvent Energy and Stop Global Warming (Audiobook)
- 2020-12-07Physics 100: Mastering Work, Energy, and Power
- 2020-12-07Physics 100 Mastering Work Energy and Power
- 2020-10-11The Omega Principle: Seafood and the Quest for a Long Life and a Healthier Planet [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-11OMD: The Simple, Plant Based Program to Save Your Health, Save Your Waistline, and Save the Planet [Audiobook]
- 2020-10-06Mastering Energy and Power System Optimization in GAMS
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.