Posted on 2013-02-15, by naveennisha.
TTC Video - Art Across the Ages
48xDVDRip | AVI / XviD, ~633 kb/s | 640x432 | Duration: 24:20:44 | English: MP3, 128 kb/s (2 ch) | 7.53 GB
From the earliest cave painting of hunting scenes to the spectacular architecture of ancient Greece and Rome to the startling perspectives of Postmodern paintings, art has provided us with a unique window through which to view and appreciate the soul of Western civilization.
Artists throughout Western history have represented, envisioned, and interpreted the world around them through a range of diverse media. The scope of Western art is breathtaking, not only for its creativity and visual power butâ€”more importantlyâ€”for the way in which it echoes the human experience across the ages. To be able to understand the history and language of art is to be privy to a conversation thousands of years oldâ€”one that leads you to a better understanding of one of the proudest achievements of the West.
Art across the Ages is a mind-broadening survey of Western visual art designed to familiarize you with its basic history, acquaint you with major artists and styles, and provide you with a broad foundation for deeper exploration. In 48 insightful lectures taught by Professor Ori Z. Soltes of Georgetown University, you get a ready grasp of the substance and significance of a vast range of works, along with a solid knowledge of how they fit into the continuity of Western art.
Throughout Art across the Ages, Professor Soltes draws your attention to what he calls "the ever-present tension between continuity and transformation" in Western art. By focusing on the ways that Western art has both carried forward and altered visual ideas throughout history, you come to better appreciate how art evolves over time.
The lectures are packed with enlightening stories about the repeated transformation of themes, subjects, and symbols throughout the storied history of Western art. Consider how the simple image of a woman reclining on a couch appears in various iterations throughout history, reflecting both the continuity of a single image and the way in which cultures and artists transform that image to serve different purposes.
Professor Soltes notes how we can find this image replicated
in a scene on Hetaerae Symposium, a vase created by the Greek sculptor Euphronios between 515 and 510 B.C.E.;
as the sculpted figure of Dionysus from the east pediment of the Parthenon;
as a Roman representation of river gods in the Villa Guilia, a mid-16th-century summer residence built by the architects Giacomo Vignola and Bartolomeo Ammanati;
in a detail from Marcantonio Raimondi's Judgment of Paris from around 1520; and
in Edouard Manet's iconic 1863 painting, DÃ©jeuner sur l'Herbe (Picnic on the Grass), which serves as a tribute to the entire history of this reclining female form.
1 Continuity and Transformationâ€”What Is Art?
2 Art as the Offspring of Religion
3 Preclassical Greek Art
4 Toward the Classical Athenian Moment
5 Beyond the Borders of Classical Greek Art
6 The Birth of the Newâ€”Hellenistic Art
7 Hellenistic, Etruscan, and Early Roman Art
8 Roman and Judaean Art
9 Early Christian Art and Its Progeny
10 The Beginnings of Jewish Art
11 Christian Medieval Art and Architecture
12 The Language of Romanesque and Gothic Art
13 Islamic Art from Abstract to Figurative
14 Jewish Medieval Art and Architecture
15 Early Renaissance Painting in Central Italy
16 15th-Century Italian Renaissance Painting
17 Renaissance Painting beyond the Alps
18 Renaissance Sculptureâ€”Toward Florence
19 Toward High Renaissance in Central Italy
20 High Renaissance in Central Italy
21 The Rebirth of Classical Dynamism
22 The Light of the Veneto
23 16th-Century Northern European Painting
24 Transformation of People, Objects, Ideas
25 The Reformation and the Mannerist Crisis
26 Baroque Shadowsâ€”Venice to Madrid to Rome
27 Shadow and Light from Rome to the Lowlands
28 Northern Landscapes and Life Sweeps
29 The Counter-Reformation from Italy Outward
30 Revolutions in Spanish and English Painting
31 France's Gold and Silver Ages
32 Politics and Romanticism
33 From Realism to Impressionism
34 From Paris to the East
35 American Romantic Realism and Its Progeny
36 Fin de SiÃ¨cle European Art Movements
37 Asia and Africa in the Western Mind
38 They All Came to Paris
39 Revolutions in Early 20th-Century Painting
40 Figuration and Abstractionâ€”The Struggle
41 Developments in Sculptureâ€”Rodin to Judd
42 New Worlds of Architectureâ€”Wright to Hadid
43 The Edges of West and East
44 Art, Trauma, and Politics
45 Defining Modern Jewish Art
46 The Problem of Categories in Modern Art
47 The Explosion of Modernist Media
48 Art, Politics, and Religion from Era to Era
I recommends Buy premimum account for High speed+parallel downloads!
- 2013-02-14â€‹TTC Video - Art Across the Ages
- Ebooks list page : 21352
- 2013-03-06TTC Video - Art Across the Ages
- 2013-02-14â€‹TTC Video - Art Across the Ages
- 2011-06-16TTC Video Â– Art Across The Ages
- 2011-06-16TTC Video â€“ Art Across The Ages
- 2011-05-08TTC Video - Art across the Ages
- 2012-02-15TTC Video Lectures - Art across the Ages [Repost]
- 2010-06-05(ttc) Art across the Ages (Video)
- 2013-05-12TTC Ori Z. Soltes - Art across the Ages
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Art across the Ages
- 2013-05-05Art across the Ages
- 2013-02-12Art across the Ages [repost]
- 2011-12-11[FSO] TTC Video - Art of the Northern Renaissance - Jiwang WareZ Scene
- 2011-09-01[WUP] TTC Video - Art of the Northern Renaissance - JiwangW
- 2011-08-17TTC Video - Art of the Northern Renaissance (thegreatcourses)
- 2011-07-18TTC Video - Art of the Northern Renaissance
- 2021-11-02Ttc Video Prove It The Art Of Mathematical Argument [2 Versions]
- 2021-10-16Ttc Video Prove It The Art Of Mathematical Argument [2 Versions]
- 2020-05-29TTC - Cooking across the Ages - Removed
- 2018-06-09TTC Video - Prove It The Art of Mathematical Argument [2 Versions] - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.