Posted on 2021-03-25, by nokia241186.
Itamar Rabinovich, Carmit Valensi | 2021 | ISBN: 0691193312 | English | 288 pages | PDF | 3 MB
A compact, incisive history of one of the defining conflicts of our time
Leaving almost half a million dead and displacing an estimated twelve million people, the Syrian Civil War is a humanitarian catastrophe of unimaginable scale. Syrian Requiem analyzes the causes and course of this bitter conflict―from its first spark in a peaceful Arab Spring protest to the tenuous victory of the Asad dictatorship―and traces how the fighting has reduced Syria to a crisis-ridden vassal state with little prospect of political reform, national reconciliation, or economic reconstruction.
Israel's chief negotiator with Syria during the mid-1990s, Itamar Rabinovich brings unmatched expertise and insight to the politics of the Middle East. Drawing on more than two hundred specially conducted interviews with key players, Rabinovich and Carmit Valensi assess the roles of local, regional, and global interests in the war. Local sectarian divisions established the fault lines of the initial conflict, ultimately leading to the rise of the brutal Islamic State. However, Syria rapidly became the stage for proxy warfare between contending regional powers, including Israel, Turkey, and Iran. At the same time, while a war-weary United States attempted to reduce its military involvement in the Middle East, a resurgent Russia regained regional influence by supporting Syrian government forces. Telling the story of the war and its aftermath, Rabinovich and Valensi also examine the considerable potential for renewed conflict and the difficult policy choices facing the United States, Russia, and other powers.
A compact and incisive history of one of the defining wars of our times, Syrian Requiem is a vivid and timely account of a conflict that continues to reverberate today.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46979
- 2021-03-25Syrian Requiem: The Civil War and Its Aftermath (True EPUB)
- 2012-05-16Military Uniforms in America Vol.III Long Endure: The Civil War Period 1852-1867
- 2012-01-241861: The Civil War Awakening
- 2020-04-29Colombia and World War I: The Experience of a Neutral Latin American Nation during the Great War and Its Aftermath, 1914–1921
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Colombia and World War I: The Experience of a Neutral Latin American Nation during the Great War and Its Aftermath, 1914-1921
- 2012-05-16The Illustrated Directory of Uniforms, Weapons, and Equipment of the Civil War
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Freedom Betrayed: Herbert Hoover's Secret History of the Second World War and Its Aftermath
- 2013-12-21Freedom Betrayed: Herbert Hoover's Secret History of the Second World War and Its Aftermath
- 2022-07-20Sick from Freedom African-American Illness and Suffering During the Civil War and Reconstruction (Audiobook)
- 2022-07-07Oliver P. Morton and the Politics of the Civil War and Reconstruction
- 2022-06-24Fateful Lightning A New History of the Civil War and Reconstruction [Audiobook]
- 2021-11-25Illusions of Empire - The Civil War and Reconstruction in the U S -Mexico Borderlands
- 2020-12-21Storm Over Key West The Civil War and the Call of Freedom
- 2020-07-03The Thin Light of Freedom The Civil War and Emancipation in the Heart of America
- 2020-06-23This We'll Defend - A Noncombat Veteran on War and Its Aftermath
- 2020-05-15Capital Dames: The Civil War and the Women of Washington, 1848-1868
- 2020-05-13The Libyan Revolution and its Aftermath
- 2020-05-08Learning from the Wounded: The Civil War and the Rise of American Medical Science (Civil War America)
- 2020-05-07The Second Founding: How the Civil War and Reconstruction Remade the Constitution - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.