Posted on 2012-10-01. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 1584884339 | 2003 | PDF | 352 pages | 3,4 mb
Statistical ideas have been integral to the development of epidemiology and continue to provide the tools needed to interpret epidemiological studies. Although epidemiologists do not need a highly mathematical background in statistical theory to conduct and interpret such studies, they do need more than an encyclopedia of "recipes."
Statistics for Epidemiology achieves just the right balance between the two approaches, building an intuitive understanding of the methods most important to practitioners and the skills to use them effectively. It develops the techniques for analyzing simple risk factors and disease data, with step-by-step extensions that include the use of binary regression. It covers the logistic regression model in detail and contrasts it with the Cox model for time-to-incidence data. The author uses a few simple case studies to guide readers from elementary analyses to more complex regression modeling. Following these examples through several chapters makes it easy to compare the interpretations that emerge from varying approaches.
Written by one of the top biostatisticians in the field, Statistics for Epidemiology stands apart in its focus on interpretation and in the depth of understanding it provides. It lays the groundwork that all public health professionals, epidemiologists, and biostatisticians need to successfully design, conduct, and analyze epidemiological studies.
- Ebooks list page : 20120
- 2014-05-09Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers [Repost] - Removed
- 2014-04-21Statistics For Dummies (repost)
- 2014-03-09Statistics for Lawyers (Repost)
- 2014-01-22Fundamentals of Probability and Statistics for Engineers (Repost)
- 2013-09-22Probability and Statistics for Finance (repost)
- 2013-03-14Statistics for Business (repost)
- 2012-12-15Statistics for Business (Repost) - Removed
- 2012-10-25Introduction to Statistics for Nurses (repost)
- 2012-01-12Random Phenomena: Fundamentals of Probability and Statistics for Engineers (repost) - Removed
- 2012-01-09Random Phenomena: Fundamentals of Probability and Statistics for Engineers (repost)
- 2011-07-07Statistics For Dummies (repost)
- 2011-02-23Practical Statistics for Astronomers (Repost)
- 2009-06-01Intermediate Statistics For Dummies (repost)
- 2009-05-31Statistics for Dummies (repost)
- 2012-06-12Self Instructional Manual for Cancer Registrars. Statistics and Epidemiology for Cancer Registries (Repost)
- 2019-11-25Epidemiology: Key to Public Health (Statistics for Biology and Health) Ed 2
- 2019-07-30Modern Infectious Disease Epidemiology; Concepts, Methods, Mathematical Models, and Public Health (Statistics for Biology and Health)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Statistics for Health Care Management and Administration: Working with Excel (Public Health/Epidemiology and Biostatistics)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Self Instructional Manual for Cancer Registrars:Statistics and Epidemiology for Cancer Registries (SEER Program, Book 7)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.