Posted on 2011-10-24. By anonymous.
Ashgate | 2010-01-01 | ISBN: 0754667987 | 206 pages | PDF | 4 MB
This book contributes to the re-emerging field of 'theology through the arts' by proposing a way of approaching one of the most challenging theological concepts - divine timelessness - through the principle of construction of space in the icon. One of the main objectives of this book is to discuss critically the implications of 'reverse perspective', which is especially characteristic of Byzantine and Byzantining art. Drawing on the work of Pavel Florensky, one of the foremost Russian religious philosophers at the beginning of the 20th century, Antonova shows that Florensky's concept of 'supplementary planes' can be used productively within a new approach to the question. Antonova works up new criteria for the understanding of how space and time can be handled in a way that does not reverse standard linear perspective (as conventionally claimed) but acts in its own way to create eternalised images which are not involved with perspective at all. Arguing that the structure of the icon is determined by a conception of God who exits in past, present, and future, simultaneously, Antonova develops an iconography of images done in the Byzantine style both in the East and in the West which is truer to their own cultural context than is generally provided for by western interpretations. This book draws upon philosophy, theology and liturgy to see how relatively abstract notions of a deity beyond time and space enter images made by painters.
Enjoy this great book! Brought to you by SMIRK
My AH blog!
!!! No mirrors please !!!
- Ebooks list page : 14713
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Space,Time and Memory in the Hippocampal Formation
- 2014-04-15Space,Time and Memory in the Hippocampal Formation - Removed
- 2014-04-14Space,Time and Memory in the Hippocampal Formation - Removed
- 2012-12-13Space, Time and Number in the Brain: Searching for the Foundations of Mathematical Thought [Repost]
- 2012-10-01Space, Time and Number in the Brain: Searching for the Foundations of Mathematical Thought (Attention and Performance)
- 2011-06-13Space, Time and Number in the Brain: Searching for the Foundations of Mathematical Thought
- 2011-12-17America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2011-11-25America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2021-04-29The Fabric Of The Cosmos Space Time And The Texture Of Reality Brian Greene
- 2021-01-20The Fabric of the Cosmos Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality
- 2020-11-25Space, Time, and the Origins of Transcendental Idealism: Immanuel Kant's Philosophy from 1747 to 1770
- 2020-05-11A Student's Guide Through the Great Physics Texts: Volume II: Space, Time and Motion (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2020-04-27The Physics of Living Matter: Space, Time and Information: Proceedings of the 27th Solvay Conference on Physics
- 2019-07-29^&(Valuable) - Why You Should Read The Universe in Your Hand: A Journey Through Space, Time, and Beyond by Christophe Galfard Online or Download [`PDF `EPUB `MOBI]
- 2019-01-31Quantum Space Loop Quantum Gravity and the Search for the Structure of Space, Time, and the Universe
- 2019-01-24Origins The Origin of Matter, Space, Time, and Life
- 2019-01-11Origins The Origin of Matter, Space, Time, and Life
- 2018-12-28Origins The Origin of Matter, Space, Time, and Life
- 2018-10-18The Universe in Your Hand A Journey Through Space, Time and Beyond
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.