Social Justification and Political Legitimacy: How Voters Rationalize Direct Democratic Economic Policy in America
Posted on 2020-10-22, by nokia241186.
English | ISBN: 3030517152 | 2020 | 344 pages | EPUB, PDF | 561 KB + 3 MB
This volume explores voters' political rationalizations. The author analyzes semi-structured interview data from 120 American voters collected from 2013-2015 about their positions on three economic referenda―or "direct democratic economic policies" (DDEPs) on the Arizona state ballot from 2008-2012. Building on the literature on voter reasoning and rationalization, the author firstly probes how the intersection of economic position and partisan affiliation shape partisan voters' rationalizations of their DDEP positions. Secondly, he investigates the political and economic discourses that voters use to justify their DDEP positions. This book extends classic sociological theories of individual-level and collective legitimacy, along with contemporary theories of voter rationalization. The findings also help to build theories of American political ideology and values, neoliberalism, moral economy, and norms of self-interest.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44987
- 2013-07-31Will and Political Legitimacy: A Critical Exposition of Social Contract Theory in Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau, Kant, and Hegel
- 2011-11-29Intelligent Kindness: Reforming the Culture of Healthcare - Leicester John Ballatt - Independent Consultant Advising On Health And Social Care And Organisationa
- 2021-03-12Disability Hate Speech: Social, Cultural and Political Contexts
- 2021-01-24Disability Hate Speech Social, Cultural and Political Contexts
- 2020-06-25Waves of Democracy: Social Movements and Political Change, Second Edition Ed 2 - Removed
- 2020-06-11The Rise of Catalan Identity Social Commitment and Political Engagement in the Twentieth Century
- 2019-11-22Commodity Frontiers and Global Capitalist Expansion: Social, Ecological and Political Implications from the Nineteenth Century to the Present Day (Palgrave Studies in Economic History)
- 2018-10-01Imagining Collective Futures Perspectives from Social, Cultural and Political Psychology
- 2018-07-21Imagining Collective Futures Perspectives from Social, Cultural and Political Psychology
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Smokefree: A Social, Moral and Political Atmosphere
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Protest and Organization in the Alternative Globalization Era: NGOs, Social Movements, and Political Parties - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Debating Europe in National Parliaments: Public Justification and Political Polarization (Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics) - Removed
- 2017-04-19Routledge - Islam and Political Legitimacy 2007 Retail eBook-BitBook
- 2017-01-24Routledge - Islam and Political Legitimacy 2007 Retail eBook-BitBook
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Protest and Organization in the Alternative Globalization Era: NGOs, Social Movements, and Political Parties
- 2016-09-25Waves of Democracy Social Movements and Political Change, Second Edition
- 2016-07-02Debating Europe in National Parliaments Public Justification and Political Polarization - Removed
- 2012-09-13State and Society: The Emergence and Development of Social Hierarchy and Political Centralization [Repost]
- 2012-04-03Mediaeval Islamic Historiography and Political Legitimacy: Bal'ami's Tarikhnamah
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.