Posted on 2013-12-14. By anonymous.
2009 | 424 Pages | ISBN: 0822342855 | PDF | 3 MB
For many years, kisses were the only sexual acts to be seen in mainstream American movies. Then, in the 1960s and 1970s, American cinema 'grew up' in response to the sexual revolution, and movie audiences came to expect more knowledge about what happened between the sheets. In "Screening Sex", the renowned film scholar Linda Williams investigates how sex acts have been represented on screen for more than a century and, just as important, how we have watched and experienced those representations. Whether examining the arch artistry of "Last Tango in Paris", the on-screen orgasms of Jane Fonda, or the anal sex of two cowboys in "Brokeback Mountain", Williams illuminates the forms of pleasure and vicarious knowledge derived from screening sex.Combining stories of her own coming of age as a moviegoer with film history, cultural history, and readings of significant films, Williams presents a fascinating history of the on-screen kiss, an exploration of the shift from adolescent kisses to more grown-up displays of sex, and a comparison of the 'tasteful' Hollywood sexual interlude with sexuality as represented in sexploitation, Blaxploitation, and avant-garde films. She considers "Last Tango in Paris" and "Deep Throat", two 1972 films unapologetically all about sex; "In the Realm of the Senses", the only work of 1970s international cinema that combined hard-core sex with erotic art; and, the sexual provocations of the mainstream movies "Blue Velvet" and "Brokeback Mountain".She describes art films since the 1990s, in which the sex is aggressive, loveless, or alienated. Finally, Williams reflects on the experiences of screening sex on small screens at home rather than on large screens in public. By understanding screening sex as both revelation and concealment, Williams has written the definitive study of sex at the movies.
- Ebooks list page : 24156
- 2020-04-15A Man's Guide to Oral Sex: Your guide to incredible, exhilarating, sensational sex (The Secrets of Great Sex)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Screening Love and Sex in the Ancient World - Removed
- 2008-02-25Sex and Sex and Sex and Sex
- 2021-02-28On Getting Off: Sex and Philosophy
- 2021-02-27Sex Education Cookbook: The Education in Cooking
- 2021-02-26Teaching Moral Sex: A History of Religion and Sex Education in the United States
- 2021-02-26SEX POSITIONS: 50 Best Sex Positions for Couples An Illustrated Sex Positions Book
- 2021-02-26Sex For Dummies, 4th Edition (True PDF)
- 2021-02-26Sex Trafficking: Inside the Business of Modern Slavery
- 2021-02-26Sizzling Sex for Life: Everything You Need to Know to Maximize Erotic Pleasure at Any Age
- 2021-02-26Sex For Money: How to Write, Publish, and Sell Gay Erotica and M/M Erotic Romance
- 2021-02-23Undercover Sex Signals: A Pickup Guide for Guys, Updated Edition [Audiobook]
- 2021-02-23Coming Soon: Great Orgasms and Better Sex at Your Fingertips [Audiobook]
- 2021-02-23Professing Selves: Transsexuality and Same Sex Desire in Contemporary Iran
- 2021-02-19Kama Sutra for Beginners: 30 best sex positions with illustrations, dirty talk examples and sex tips for couples
- 2021-02-19Intersexuality and the Law: Why Sex Matters
- 2021-02-18Gender, Sex, and Sexualities: Psychological Perspectives
- 2021-02-17Images of Sex and Desire in Renaissance Art and Modern Historiography
- 2021-02-17For Better For Worse: Essays on Sex, Love, Marriage, and More
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.