Posted on 2014-04-04. By anonymous.
Andrew C. Chang, â€ŽDeborah Brawer Silva - Salinity and Drainage in San Joaquin Valley, California: Science, Technology, and Policy
Published: 2013-12-02 | ISBN: 9400768508 | PDF | 404 pages | 8 MB
This book documents the history of irrigated agriculture and drainage in the San Joaquin Valley, and describes the hydrology and biogeochemical processes of salts and selenium, remediation technologies for salts and trace elements and policy and management options. The contents are comprised of fourteen chapter-length independent treatises, each depicting with fresh perspective a distinctive salinity drainage topic. The opening chapters detail the evolution of irrigated agriculture, and depict the geochemical and hydrological processes that define the San Joaquin Valley, including the physics, chemistry, and biology attributes that impact water management policies and strategies. Next, the contributors address the biogeochemistry of selenium, the role of plants in absorbing it from soils, and the processes involved in retaining and concentrating dissolved salts in drainage water. Further chapters describe on-farm and plot-level irrigation provisions to reduce agricultural drainage outputs and examine their effects on plant performance. This volume offers realistic policy analysis of water management options for irrigated agriculture in the Valley and assesses their respective outcomes, if implemented. Also included is an international perspective on the sustainability of irrigated agriculture there.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 25953
- 2014-02-02Salinity and Drainage in San Joaquin Valley, California: Science, Technology, and Policy (Global Issues in Water Policy) - Removed
- 2014-01-30Dissolved Gas Concentration in Water, 2nd edition: Computation as Functions of Temperature, Salinity and Pressure (Repost)
- 2014-05-31Green Energy: Technology, Economics and Policy (repost)
- 2014-05-19Handbook of Culturally Responsive School Mental Health: Advancing Research, Training, Practice, and Policy (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-04-27Innovation Systems in Small Catching-Up Economies: New Perspectives on Practice and Policy (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-03-25Retributivism: Essays on Theory and Policy (repost)
- 2013-11-28Global Anti-Terrorism Law and Policy [Repost]
- 2013-10-09Handbook of Gerontology: Evidence-Based Approaches to Theory, Practice, and Policy (Repost)
- 2013-09-21Developmental Psychology and Social Change: Research, History and Policy (Repost)
- 2013-09-13Schizophrenia into Later Life: Treatment, Research, and Policy [Repost]
- 2013-09-01Phonics: Practice, Research and Policy (repost)
- 2013-08-22To The City: Urban Photographs of the New Deal (Urban Life, Landscape and Policy) (repost)
- 2013-08-16The Nonprofit Sector in International Perspective: Studies in Comparative Culture and Policy (repost)
- 2013-08-16Adoption, Usage, and Global Impact of Broadband Technologies: Diffusion, Practice and Policy (repost)
- 2013-08-16Poverty in the United States: An Encyclopedia of History, Politics, and Policy [Repost]
- 2013-08-14Work-Family Balance, Gender and Policy (repost)
- 2013-08-04The Economics of Immigration: Theory and Policy (Repost)
- 2013-05-08Handbook of Accessible Achievement Tests for All Students: Bridging the Gaps Between Research, Practice, and Policy (Repost)
- 2013-05-08Consumer Research: Postcards From the Edge (Consumer Research and Policy) (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.