Posted on 2018-02-10, by manhneovn.
Bonnie Shepard, "Running the Obstacle Course to Sexual and Reproductive Health: Lessons from Latin America"
2006 | pages: 241 | ISBN: 0275970663 | PDF | 0,8 mb
These four multi-disciplinary studies focus on sexual and reproductive health advocacy and programs in Latin America. Based on original research and the author's 25 years of experience working in the region, the text illuminates the political, cultural, and organizational dynamics that pose an obstacle course to sexual and reproductive health?dynamics that veterans of the culture wars in many other regions of
the world will recognize. One groundbreaking study of advocacy in Colombia and Chile for the legalization of abortion and divorce discusses the double discourse system that keeps repressive laws in place and punishes public opposition to political norms that are based on religious doctrine. Another study of Latin American NGO regional and national advocacy networks examines the roots of difficulties they experience in unified decision making, often resulting in failure to take decisive political action. The book then offers two program case studies?one in Peru and one in Chile?focusing on issues of citizen participation and respect for rights in health systems and in schools. The Peruvian study brings to life a four-city experiment to foster community participation of women's organizations in health services. The Chilean study focuses on a highly participatory and successful sex education program in public schools and The ways in which political controversies affected the program, eventually contributing to its demise. The book's holistic approach, written from the point of view of an outsider/participant, makes a unique contribution to the study of social change in general, and to worldwide efforts to mainstream human rights, social justice, and gender equality in sexual and reproductive health programs and policies.
- Ebooks list page : 35914
- 2018-11-15Running the Obstacle Course to Sexual and Reproductive Health Lessons from Latin America
- 2009-06-06Running the Obstacle Course to Sexual and Reproductive Health
- 2019-12-28Global Perspectives on Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health Across the Lifecourse
- 2010-01-12Sexual and Reproductive Health: Research and Action in Support of the Millennium Development Goals: Report 2006-2007
- 2022-06-28Sexual and Reproductive Health - Removed
- 2021-12-13Advancing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in Africa
- 2020-12-13Sexual and Reproductive Health of Adolescents with Disabilities
- 2020-12-12Sexual and Reproductive Health of Adolescents with Disabilities
- 2018-12-19Handbook of Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Promoting Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health in East and Southern Africa
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Sexual and Reproductive Health at a Glance
- 2016-12-02Coursera - Global Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
- 2009-05-18Law and Employment: Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean
- 2022-09-13Crises and Migration Critical Perspectives from Latin America - Removed
- 2022-09-12Crises and Migration Critical Perspectives from Latin America - Removed
- 2018-08-23Managing Innovation in Highly Restrictive Environments Lessons from Latin America and Emerging Markets
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Informal Institutions and Democracy: Lessons from Latin America - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Remittances and Development: Lessons from Latin America (Latin American Development Forum)
- 2011-11-19Remittances and Development: Lessons from Latin America (Latin American Development Forum) (Latin American Development Forum)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.