Retrofitting the City: Residential Flexibility, Resilience and the Built Environment (International Library of Human Geography)
Posted on 2020-07-06, by books_lover.
Cities are responsible for three-quarters of the world’s energy consumption. If we are to reduce our demands on the planet’s resources how can we make our urban areas more energy efficient? One way is to refit existing buildings with more thermally efficient building materials. But such retrofitting involves significant issues of social acceptance and public participation. Retrofitting the City provides an important corrective to the assumptions that have been made concerning the ability of people and places to cope with such residential transformation. Drawing upon case studies from a number of European cities that have undergone far-reaching change in their built environments, the author shows that supposedly inadaptable people and places show a strong, if often hidden, degree of flexibility in responding to economic change and building transformation.
- Ebooks list page : 44049
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Retrofitting the City: Residential Flexibility, Resilience and the Built Environment (International Library of Human Geography)
- 2011-10-05The New York Public Library Amazing World Geography: A Book of Answers for Kids
- 2011-07-25The New York Public Library Amazing World Geography: A Book of Answers for Kids
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Retrofitting the Built Environment
- 2014-04-11Retrofitting the Built Environment
- 2009-03-14Geography and Vision: Seeing, Imagining and Representing the World (International Library of Human Geography)
- 2010-08-06Muslims on the Map: A National Survey of Social Trends in Britain (International Library of Human Geography)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Observant States: Geopolitics and Visual Culture (International Library of Human Geography)
- 2010-04-05Traditional Buildings: A Global Survey of Structural Forms and Cultural Functions (International Library of Human Geography)
- 2012-01-13Global Sources of Local Pollution: An Assessment of Long-Range Transport of Key Air Pollutants to and from the United States - Committee On The Significance Of International Transport Of Air Pollutants
- 2019-12-14Future-proofing―Valuing Adaptability, Flexibility, Convertibility and Options: A Cross-Disciplinary Approach (Management in the Built Environment) - Removed
- 2011-12-09The Human Mosaic: A Cultural Approach to Human Geography, 11th Edition - Removed
- 2011-11-05The Arts (Britannica Learning Library)
- 2009-08-01Lee Bosher - Hazards and the Built Environment: Adaptating and Attaining Built-in Resilience - Removed
- 2021-01-16Postcolonialism, Heritage, and the Built Environment New Approaches to Architecture in Archaeology
- 2020-12-08Professionalism for the Built Environment (Building Research and Information)
- 2020-11-03Critical Thinking in the Sustainable Rehabilitation and Risk Management of the Built Environment - Removed
- 2020-05-12Walt Disney and the Quest for Community (Design & the Built Environment) - Removed
- 2020-03-13Pathways to Well-Being in Design: Examples from the Arts, Humanities and the Built Environment
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.