Posted on 2012-04-04. By anonymous.
2011 | 320 Pages | ISBN: 0226116395 | PDF | 1 MB
In Regimens of the Mind, Sorana Corneanu proposes a new approach to the epistemological and methodological doctrines of the leading experimental philosophers of seventeenth-century England, an approach that considers their often overlooked moral, psychological, and theological elements. Corneanu focuses on the views about the pursuit of knowledge in the writings of Robert Boyle and John Locke, as well as in those of several of their influences, including Francis Bacon and the early Royal Society virtuosi. She argues that their experimental programs of inquiry fulfill the role of regimens for curing, ordering, and educating the mind toward an ethical purpose, an idea she tracks back to the ancient tradition of cultura animi. Corneanu traces this idea through its early modern revival and illustrates how it organizes the experimental philosophersâ€™ reflections on the discipline of judgment, the study of nature, and the study of Scripture.
It is through this lens, the author suggests, that the core features of the early modern English experimental philosophyâ€”including its defense of experience, its epistemic modesty, its communal nature, and its pursuit of â€œobjectivityâ€â€”are best understood.
- Ebooks list page : 18091
- 2012-02-14Venetians in Constantinople: Nation, Identity, and Coexistence in the Early Modern Mediterranean (The Johns Hopkins University Studies in Historical and Political Science) - Eric R Dursteler - Removed
- 2011-12-28Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2011-09-05Advice and Support: The Early Years, 1941-1960
- 2020-04-14Testimonies: States of Mind and States of the Body in the Early Modern Period (Archimedes (57))
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Locke, Hume, and the Treacherous Logos of Atomism: The Eclipse of Democratic Values in the Early Modern Period
- 2021-09-10Audience and Reception in the Early Modern Period (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- 2021-09-04Consuetudines Et Regulae Sources for Monastic Life in the Middle Ages and the Early Modern Period
- 2021-08-10Governing the Environment in the Early Modern World Theory and Practice
- 2021-07-19Tolerance Re-Shaped in the Early-Modern Mediterranean Borderlands - Travellers, Missionaries and Proto-Journalists
- 2021-05-12Publicity and the Early Modern Stage: People Made Public (Early Modern Cultural Studies 1500-1700) - Removed
- 2021-04-06Political Economies of Empire in the Early Modern Mediterranean: The Decline of Venice and the Rise of England, 1450-1700
- 2021-04-02Knowledge and the Early Modern City: A History of Entanglements
- 2021-03-18Imperial Ambition in the Early Modern Mediterranean: Genoese Merchants and the Spanish Crown
- 2021-03-12Conversion and Islam in the Early Modern Mediterranean: The Lure of the Other
- 2021-03-02The Ottomans and Eastern Europe: Borders and Political Patronage in the Early Modern World
- 2021-02-16Imperial Ambition in the Early Modern Mediterranean: Genoese Merchants and the Spanish Crown
- 2021-02-14Conversion and Islam in the Early Modern Mediterranean: The Lure of the Other
- 2021-02-11The Ottomans and Eastern Europe: Borders and Political Patronage in the Early Modern World
- 2021-01-28Walled Towns and the Shaping of France From the Medieval to the Early Modern Era - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.