Posted on 2019-11-23, by everest555.
Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World Book by David Epstein (MP3)
English | Size: 565.64 MB
"Urgent and important...an essential read for bosses, parents, coaches, and anyone who cares about improving performance." (Daniel H. Pink)
"So much crucial and revelatory information about performance, success, and education." (Susan Cain, best-selling author of Quiet)
A powerful argument for how to succeed in any field: develop broad interests and skills while everyone around you is rushing to specialize.
Plenty of experts argue that anyone who wants to develop a skill, play an instrument, or lead their field should start early, focus intensely, and rack up as many hours of deliberate practice as possible. If you dabble or delay, you'll never catch up to the people who got a head start. But a closer look at research on the world's top performers, from professional athletes to Nobel laureates, shows that early specialization is the exception, not the rule.
David Epstein examined the world's most successful athletes, artists, musicians, inventors, forecasters, and scientists. He discovered that in most fields - especially those that are complex and unpredictable - generalists, not specialists, are primed to excel. Generalists often find their path late, and they juggle many interests rather than focusing on one. They're also more creative, more agile, and able to make connections their more specialized peers can't see.
Provocative, rigorous, and engrossing, Range makes a compelling case for actively cultivating inefficiency. Failing a test is the best way to learn. Frequent quitters end up with the most fulfilling careers. The most impactful inventors cross domains rather than deepening their knowledge in a single area. As experts silo themselves further while computers master more of the skills once reserved for highly focused humans, people who think broadly and embrace diverse experiences and perspectives will increasingly thrive.
- Ebooks list page : 41876
- 2019-07-25 @(Precious) - Why You Should Read Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein Online or Download [~MOBI ~EPUB ~PDF]
- 2019-07-26_ (A-Z Books) - Why You Should Read The Unforgettable World Cup: 31 Days of Triumph and Heartbreak in Brazil by The Wall Street Journal Online or Download [@PDF @EPUB @MOBI]
- 2012-01-06Why Iceland?: How One of the World's Smallest Countries Became the Meltdown's Biggest Casualty
- 2020-04-24The China Boom: Why China Will Not Rule the World (Contemporary Asia in the World)
- 2020-03-08Scienceblind: Why Our Intuitive Theories About the World Are So Often Wrong
- 2020-03-02The Nation City: Why Mayors Are Now Running the World - Removed
- 2020-03-01The Science of Why: Answers to Questions About the World Around Us
- 2019-08-27The China Boom Why China Will Not Rule the World (Contemporary Asia in the World)
- 2019-07-30@(Precious) - Why You Should Read Vrehx (Conquered World, #1) by Elin Wyn Online or Download [~MOBI ~EPUB ~PDF]
- 2019-07-25@(Good) - Why You Should Read The Perfect Weapon: How the Cyber Arms Race Set the World Afire by David E. Sanger Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2019-07-25^&(Valuable) - Why You Should Read Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates Online or Download [`PDF `EPUB `MOBI] - Removed
- 2019-07-15 !(Deluxe) - Why You Should Read The Immeasurable World: Journeys in Desert Places by William Atkins Online or Download [^PDF ^MOBI ^EPUB] - Removed
- 2019-07-15_ (A-Z Books) - Why You Should Read Around the World in 50 Years: My Adventure to Every Country on Earth by Albert Podell Online or Download [@PDF @EPUB @MOBI]
- 2019-07-08 !(Deluxe) - Why You Should Read The Written World: The Power of Stories to Shape People, History, Civilization by Martin Puchner Online or Download [^PDF ^MOBI ^EPUB]
- 2019-07-05!@(Nice) - Why You Should Read My Dead World 2 by Jacqueline Druga Online or Download [#PDF #EPUB #MOBI]
- 2019-02-17Why Did the Chicken Cross the World by Andrew Lawler
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Science of Why: Answers to Questions About the World Around Us
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Economics of the International Coal Trade: Why Coal Continues to Power the World - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Why Did the Chicken Cross the World?: The Epic Saga of the Bird that Powers Civilization
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.