RAF WWII Operational and Flying Accident Casualty Files in The National Archives: Exploring their Contents
Posted on 2021-02-26, by nokia241186.
English | 2020 | ISBN-10 : 1526783525 | 338 pages | True (PDF, EPUB) | 85.69 MB
At its height during the Second World War, the RAF totaled 185,000 personnel. Men and women, from home and overseas, served alongside members of Dominion Air Forces, and those members of the air forces of occupied Europe who had escaped to fight on. All are covered in the RAF casualty files. The heaviest losses were suffered by the aircrews; in Bomber Command alone some 75,000 were killed, wounded or captured. All information concerning casualties was carefully complied at the Air Ministry and now, from these the official records, those covering operational losses (in the air and on the ground), and flying accidents are being made available to the public through The National Archives.
This huge collection of casualty files contains a wealth of contemporary documentation from a variety of sources including captured German records. The fascinating insight into the fate of casualties provided by the Casualty Files includes official documents, examples of which are given, accounts of searches undertaken to establish the fate of the missing, places of burial, copies of information received from the International Red Cross and from sources within enemy occupied lands, as well as letters from family and friends some of which reveal dark secrets of bigamy, adultery, illegitimacy, debt and dishonor.
In this groundbreaking book Mary Hudson has used her expert knowledge to provide an invaluable guide to the understanding of these records for use by researchers and family members alike. She takes the reader on a journey through the files, explaining when and how the RAF Casualty Branch (who opened and maintained the files) was formed, where the information held in the records originated, as well as providing an understanding of the documents themselves and explanation of matters the records refer to.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46660
- 2021-02-09RAF WWII Operational and Flying Accident Casualty Files in The National Archives: Exploring their Contents
- 2012-01-24Future R&D Environments: A Report for the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Allied tanks, trucks and weapons of World War I (The War Archives)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Central Florida Wildflowers: A Field Guide to Wildflowers of the Lake Wales Ridge, Ocala National Forest, Disney Wilderness Preserve, and More than 60 ... (Wildflowers in the National Parks Series)
- 2011-07-12The National Archives 03-2011- UK UFO Files
- 2020-05-12Sketches of a Black Cat - Expanded Edition: Story of a night flying WWII pilot and artist Ed 2
- 2012-05-16RAF Bomber Command and Its Aircraft 1936 - 1940
- 2021-01-28Code Talker The First and Only Memoir By One of the Original Navajo Code Talkers of WWII
- 2021-01-08Hands-On Gradient Boosting with XGBoost and scikit-learn (Code Files)
- 2020-12-22Hands-On Microservices with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud (Code Files) - Removed
- 2020-12-05Deep Sea Hunters - RAF Coastal Command and the War Against the U-Boats and the Ge...
- 2020-11-05Automotive Mechatronics: Operational and Practical Issues: Volume I - Removed
- 2020-10-17Tying and Flying: Bondage for self suspension
- 2020-10-11The X Files: The Official Archives: Cryptids, Biological Anomalies, and Parapsychic Phenomena
- 2020-08-10Buying and Flying the DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopters
- 2020-07-28The Dog Who Could Fly: The Incredible True Story of a WWII Airman and the Four-Legged Hero Who Flew At His Side
- 2020-07-15The X-Files: The Official Archives: Cryptids, Biological Anomalies, and Parapsychic Phenomena
- 2020-05-02WWII Codebreakers and Spies: How British Intelligence & Special Operations Changed the Course of History
- 2020-04-15Ada Compliance Creating Accessible Files In The Microsoft Office Suite And Adobe Intermediate
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.