Posted on 2014-02-19. By anonymous.
English | 2013 | ISBN: 4805311959 | ISBN-13: 9784805311950 | 176 pages | EPUB | 24,2 MB
Quiet Beauty: Japanese Gardens of North America is an extraordinary look at the most beautiful and serene gardens of the United States and Canada. Most Japanese garden books look to the gardens of Japan. Quiet Beauty explores the treasure trove of Japanese gardens located in North America.
Featuring an intimate look at twenty-six gardens, with numerous stunning color photographs of each, that detail their style, history, and special functions, this book explores the ingenuity and range of Japanese landscaping.
Japanese gardens have been part of North American culture for almost 150 years. Quiet Beauty is a thought provoking look at the history of their introduction to the world of North American gardening and how they have since taken root and flourished.
Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, California,1894
â€¢Nitobe Memorial Garden, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, 1960
â€¢Japanese Garden, Fort Worth Botanic Garden, Texas, 1973
â€¢Garden of the Pine Winds, Denver Botanic Gardena, Colorado, 1979
â€¢Japanese Garden, Montreal Botanical Garden, Quebec, 1988
â€¢Tenshin'en (The Garden of the Heart of Heaven), Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Massachusetts, 1988
â€¢Roji'en (Garden of Drops of Dew), The George D. and Harriet W. Cornell Japanese Gardens, The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens, Delray Beach, Florida, 2001
â€¢Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix, Margaret T. Hance Park, Arizona, 2002
â€¢Garden of the Pine Wind, Garven Woodland Garden, Hot Springs, Arkansas, 2001
"Just flipping through the pages of Quiet Beauty: The Japanese Gardens of North America will instantly lower your blood pressure."â€”The New York Times Book Review
- Ebooks list page : 25216
- 2020-01-15Quiet Beauty The Japanese Gardens of North America
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Quiet Beauty: The Japanese Gardens of North America
- 2014-03-28Quiet Beauty The Japanese Gardens of North America
- 2021-08-14All the Water the Law Allows Las Vegas and Colorado River Politics (Volume 6) (The Environment in Modern North America)
- 2021-06-24Indian Wars: History of Conflicts Between European Colonists and the Indigenous Peoples of North America: Wars in West Virgina
- 2020-12-05The Archaeology of Native North America, 2nd Edition
- 2020-09-13The Barbarous Years: The Peopling of British North America: The Conflict of Civilizations, 1600 1675[Audiobook]
- 2020-02-19The Great Quake: How the Biggest Earthquake in North America Changed Our Understanding of the Planet
- 2019-09-27The Great Frontier War: Britain, France, and the Imperial Struggle for North America, 1607 1755
- 2019-03-30King William's War: The First Contest for North America, 1689-1697
- 2019-01-30Beacham's Guide to the Endangered Species of North America
- 2019-01-15A Second Visit To The United States Of North America
- 2019-01-11A Second Visit To The United States Of North America
- 2019-01-07A Second Visit To The United States Of North America
- 2018-10-13Images from the Region of the Pueblo Indians of North America
- 2018-09-23The British Army in North America 1775-1783 (Men-At-Arms 39)
- 2018-09-08The Secret World of Red Wolves The Fight to Save North America's Other Wolf
- 2018-07-24The British Army in North America 1775-1783 (Men-At-Arms 39)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The British Army in North America 1775-1783 (Men at Arms Series, 39)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.