Posted on 2010-12-06. By anonymous.
Quantum field theory and critical phenomena
Oxford University Press | ISBN 0198509235 | 2002 | PDF | 250 Pages | 32 MB
The book is an introduction to quantum field theory and renormalization group. It shows that these frameworks are essential for the understanding of phenomena belonging to many different areas of physics, which range from phase transitions in macroscopic systems to the theory of fundamental interactions. This advanced new edition is based on graduate courses and summer schools given by the author over a number of years. Although there are several good textbooks on QFT, this is the first to emphasize the common aspects of particle physics and the theory of critical phenomena in a unified framework. The book has been fully updated, with about 50% new material added. Three new chapters have been included: an introduction to non-relativistic quantum statistical physics; a chapter on critical phenomena in non-magnetic systems, polymers, liquid-vapour, and helium superfluid transitions; and a chapter on finite temperature relativistic quantum field theory. The book can be roughly divided into four parts: chapters 1-12 deal with general field theory, functional integrals, and functional methods. In chapters 13-21, renormalization properties of theories with symmetries are studied and specific applications to particle physics are emphasized. Chapters 23-37 are devoted to critical phenomena. Chapters 39-43 describe the role of instantons in quantum mechanics and field theory.
Visit My blog for books.
- Ebooks list page : 8865
- 2021-04-23Quantum Field Theory and Critical Phenomena, 5th Edition
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Quantum Field Theory and Critical Phenomena (The International Series of Monographs on Physics)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Quantum Field Theory and Critical Phenomena (The International Series of Monographs on Physics)
- 2011-11-26Quantum Field Theory and Critical Phenomena (International Series of Monographs on Physics) - Jean Zinn-Justin
- 2011-10-30Quantum Field Theory Under the Influence of External Conditions
- 2011-02-05Conformal Field Theory and Critical Phenomena in Two-Dimensional Systems (repost)
- 2021-07-28Thermal Quantum Field Theory and Perturbative Non-Equilibrium Dynamics - Removed
- 2021-07-22Combinatorial Physics Combinatorics, Quantum Field Theory, and Quantum Gravity Models
- 2020-10-22Periods in Quantum Field Theory and Arithmetic
- 2020-05-18Thermal Quantum Field Theory and Perturbative Non-Equilibrium Dynamics (Springer Theses)
- 2020-03-14Periods in Quantum Field Theory and Arithmetic: ICMAT, Madrid, Spain, September 15 – December 19, 2014 (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics (314))
- 2020-02-07Quantum Field Theory and Condensed Matter: An Introduction (Cambridge Monographs on Mathematical Physics)
- 2019-12-02Particles, Fields and Forces: A Conceptual Guide to Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model (The Frontiers Collection)
- 2019-04-30Quantum Field Theory and the Standard Model - Removed
- 2019-03-26Topological Quantum Field Theory and Four Manifolds - Removed
- 2019-01-25Quantum Field Theory and Topology - Removed
- 2019-01-14Topological Quantum Field Theory and Four Manifolds
- 2019-01-11Topological Quantum Field Theory and Four Manifolds
- 2019-01-10Quantum Field Theory and Topology
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.