Posted on 2011-09-07, by wufengs.
Puerto Rico Under Colonial Rule: Political Persecution And The Quest For Human Rights
Puerto Rico, one of the last and most populated colonial territories in the world, occupies a relatively unique position. Its lengthly interaction with the United States has resulted in the long-term acquisition of expanded legal rights and relative political stability. At the same time, that interaction has simultaneously seen political intolerance and the denial of basic rights, particularly toward those who have challenged colonialism. In "Puerto Rico under Colonial Rule, academics and intellectuals from the fields of political science, history, sociology, and law examine three themes: evidence of state-sponsored political persecution in the twentieth century, contemporary issues, and the case of Vieques.
- Ebooks list page : 13401
- 2020-06-29Reckonings Legacies of Nazi Persecution and the Quest for Justice
- 2020-06-25Reckonings Legacies of Nazi Persecution and the Quest for Justice
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Creating a New Medina: State Power, Islam, and the Quest for Pakistan in Late Colonial North India
- 2012-03-16Taiwan Under Japanese Colonial Rule, 1895-1945: History, Culture, Memory By Ping-hui Liao, David Der-Wei Wang
- 2020-01-07The Politics of Repression Under Authoritarian Rule: How Steadfast is the Iron Throne? (Contributions to Political Science) - Removed
- 2018-11-15Pacific Islanders Under German Rule A Study in the Meaning of Colonial Resistance
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Hong Kong Under Chinese Rule - Economic Integration and Political Gridlock
- 2020-05-23Colonial Kenya Observed: British Rule, Mau Mau and the Wind of Change
- 2020-02-09Gentlemanly Terrorists: Political Violence and the Colonial State in India, 1919–1947 (Critical Perspectives on Empire)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Britannia 1066-1884: From Medieval Absolutism to the Birth of Freedom under Constitutional Monarchy, Limited Suffrage, and the Rule of Law (Studies in Public Choice) - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Trotskyists on Trial: Free Speech and Political Persecution Since the Age of FDR (Culture, Labor, History)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] The Right to Self-determination Under International Law: 'Selfistans,' Secession, and the Rule of the Great Powers (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Right to Self-determination Under International Law: 'Selfistans,' Secession, and the Rule of the Great Powers (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2011-10-01The Caucasus Under Soviet Rule (Routledge Studies in the History of Russia and Eastern Europe) - Removed
- 2010-11-18Moldova: A Romanian Province Under Russian Rule : Diplomatic History from the Archives of
- 2010-07-03Moldova: A Romanian Province Under Russian Rule : Diplomatic History from the Archives of the Great Powers
- 2020-06-08Let the People Rule: Theodore Roosevelt and the Birth of the Presidential Primary
- 2020-05-23Political Islam and the Secular State in Turkey: Democracy, Reform and the Justice and Development Party (Library of Modern Turkey)
- 2020-04-30Phantom Terror: Political Paranoia and the Creation of the Modern State, 1789-1848
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.