Posted on 2021-03-25, by nokia241186.
Linda Phyllis Austern (et al.) | 2011 | ISBN: 1409422828 | English | 416 pages | PDF | 6 MB
Psalms in the Early Modern World is the first book to explore the use, interpretation, development, translation, and influence of the Psalms in the Atlantic world, 1400-1800. In the age of Reformation, when religious concerns drove political, social, cultural, economic, and scientific discourse, the Bible was the supreme document, and the Psalms were arguably its most important book.The Psalms played a central role in arbitrating the salient debates of the day, including but scarcely limited to the nature of power and the legitimacy of rule; the proper role and purpose of nations; the justification for holy war and the godliness of peace; and the relationship of individual and community to God. Contributors to the collection follow these debates around the Atlantic world, to pre- and post-Hispanic translators in Latin America, colonists in New England, mystics in Spain, the French court during the religious wars, and both Protestants and Catholics in England. Psalms in the Early Modern World showcases essays by scholars from literature, history, music, and religious studies, all of whom have expertise in the use and influence of Psalms in the early modern world. The collection reaches beyond national and confessional boundaries and to look at the ways in which Psalms touched nearly every person living in early modern Europe and any place in the world that Europeans took their cultural practices.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 46972
- 2021-02-24Psalms in the Early Modern World
- 2021-02-07Psalms in the Early Modern World
- 2021-01-18Psalms in the Early Modern World
- 2021-10-15Trading Companies and Travel Knowledge in the Early Modern World (Hakluyt Society Studies in the History of Travel)
- 2021-09-04The Humanistic Tradition Volume 2 The Early Modern World to the Present by Gloria Fiero - Removed
- 2021-08-29The Humanistic Tradition Volume 1 Prehistory to the Early Modern World, 7th Edition
- 2021-08-29The Humanistic Tradition Volume 2 The Early Modern World to the Present, 7th Edition
- 2021-08-17Encyclopedia of the early modern world
- 2021-08-10Governing the Environment in the Early Modern World Theory and Practice
- 2021-04-18Europe 1450 To 1789 Encyclopedia Of The Early Modern World Vol 1
- 2021-04-17Europe 1450 To 1789 Encyclopedia Of The Early Modern World Vol 1
- 2021-03-02The Ottomans and Eastern Europe: Borders and Political Patronage in the Early Modern World
- 2021-02-11The Ottomans and Eastern Europe: Borders and Political Patronage in the Early Modern World
- 2020-12-29Cultures of Diplomacy and Literary Writing in the Early Modern World
- 2020-10-22Shakespeare and the Cultivation of Difference: Race and Conduct in the Early Modern World
- 2020-10-11The Dutch in the Early Modern World: A History of a Global Power
- 2020-08-23Reformations: The Early Modern World, 1450-1650
- 2020-05-16War and Conflict in the Early Modern World: 1500 - 1700 (War and Conflict Through the Ages)
- 2020-05-09Secretaries and Statecraft in the Early Modern World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.