Posted on 2021-01-05, by Germany2020.
Probably Not: Future Prediction Using Probability and Statistical Inference By Lawrence N. Dworsky
2008 | 328 Pages | ISBN: 0470184019 | PDF | 2 MB
An engaging, entertaining, and informative introduction to probability and prediction in our everyday lives Although Probably Not deals with probability and statistics, it is not heavily mathematical and is not filled with complex derivations, proofs, and theoretical problem sets. This book unveils the world of statistics through questions such as what is known based upon the information at hand and what can be expected to happen. While learning essential concepts including ''the confidence factor'' and ''random walks,'' readers will be entertained and intrigued as they move from chapter to chapter. Moreover, the author provides a foundation of basic principles to guide decision making in almost all facets of life including playing games, developing winning business strategies, and managing personal finances. Much of the book is organized around easy-to-follow examples that address common, everyday issues such as: How travel time is affected by congestion, driving speed, and traffic lights Why different gambling casino strategies ultimately offer players no advantage How to estimate how many different birds of one species are seen on a walk through the woods Seemingly random eventsвЂ"coin flip games, the Central Limit Theorem, binomial distributions and Poisson distributions, Parrando's Paradox, and Benford's LawвЂ"are addressed and treated through key concepts and methods in probability. In addition, fun-to-solve problems including ''the shared birthday'' and ''the prize behind door number one, two, or three'' are found throughout the book, which allow readers to test and practice their new probability skills. Requiring little background knowledge of mathematics, readers will gain a greater understanding of the many daily activities and events that involve random processes and statistics. Combining the mathematics of probability with real-world examples, Probably Not is an ideal reference for practitioners and students who would like to learn more about the role of probability and statistics in everyday decision making.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/Germany2020
- Ebooks list page : 46024
- 2019-11-21Probably Not: Future Prediction Using Probability and Statistical Inference Ed 2
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Probably Not: Future Prediction Using Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2009-05-11Probably Not: Future Prediction Using Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2020-12-25Probability and Statistical Inference, Global Edition
- 2020-10-16Probability and Statistical Inference (Instructor Resources)
- 2018-11-23Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2018-01-01[PDF] An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Probability and Statistical Inference (9th Edition)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Probability and Statistical Inference II (Universitext)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Probability and Statistical Inference II (Universitext)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Probability and Statistical Inference (9th Edition)
- 2017-01-05[PDF] An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2016-12-22Hilbert Space Methods in Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2014-04-02An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference (Repost)
- 2013-10-06Hilbert Space Methods in Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2013-05-28George G. Roussas, "An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference"
- 2013-05-27An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference
- 2013-05-25An Introduction to Probability and Statistical Inference (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.