Posted on 2021-04-16, by nokia241186.
English | April 6th, 2021 | ISBN: 0807029521 | 240 pages | True EPUB | 1.53 MB
An accessible guide for activists, educators, and all who are interested in understanding how the prison system oppresses communities and harms individuals
The United States incarcerates more of its residents than any other nation. Though home to 5% of the global population, the United States has nearly 25% of the world's prisoners - a total of over 2 million people. This number continues to steadily rise - over the past 40 years, the number of people behind bars in the United States has increased by 500%.
Journalist Victoria Law explains how racism was the catalyst for mass incarceration and has continued to be its driving force: from the post-Civil War laws that states passed to imprison former slaves, to the laws passed under the "War Against Drugs" campaign that disproportionately imprison Black people.
She breaks down these complicated issues into four main parts:
1. The rise and cause of mass incarceration
2. Myths about prison
3. Misconceptions about incarcerated people
4. How to end mass incarceration
Through carefully conducted research and interviews with incarcerated people, Law identifies the 21 key myths that propel and maintain mass incarceration, including:
• The system is broken and we simply need some reforms to fix it
• Incarceration is necessary to keep our society safe
• Prison is an effective way to get people into drug treatment
• Private prison corporations drive mass incarceration
"Prisons Make Us Safer" is a necessary guide for all who are interested in learning about the cause and rise of mass incarceration and how we can dismantle it.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47282
- 2021-04-25"Prisons Make Us Safer": And 20 Other Myths about Mass Incarceration (Myths Made in America)
- 2021-04-10"Prisons Make Us Safer": And 20 Other Myths about Mass Incarceration (Myths Made in America)
- 2011-10-09How to Make Great Conversation And Small Talks
- 2021-08-06I Have Nothing To Hide And 20 Other Myths About Surveillance And Privacy [Audiobook]
- 2021-07-18I Have Nothing to Hide And 20 Other Myths About Surveillance and Privacy [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-09Prisons Make Us Safer by Victoria Law
- 2019-01-24They Take Our Jobs! and 20 Other Myths about Immigration, Expanded Edition [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-14They Take Our Jobs! and 20 Other Myths about Immigration, Expanded Edition [Audiobook]
- 2018-10-02Runner's World How to Make Yourself Poop And 999 Other Tips All Runners Should Know
- 2018-06-28Runner's World How to Make Yourself Poop And 999 Other Tips All Runners Should Know
- 2018-06-27They Take Our Jobs! and 20 Other Myths about Immigration, Expanded Edition
- 2018-05-02"They Take Our Jobs!": and 20 Other Myths about Immigration, Expanded Edition
- 2009-08-28"They Take Our Jobs!": and 20 Other Myths about Immigration
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Liquidating an Estate: How to Sell a Lifetime of Stuff, Make Some Cash, and Live to Tell About It - Removed
- 2021-08-17Rv Hacks 400 Ways To Make Life On The Road Easier, Safer, And More Fun! (hacks)
- 2021-07-28Have Serious Fun And 12 Other Principles to Make Each Day Count [Audiobook]
- 2021-07-27RV Hacks - 400 Ways to Make Life on the Road Easier, Safer, and More Fun! (Hacks)
- 2021-07-25Dont Put That In There And 69 Other Sex Myths Debunked
- 2021-07-10RV Hacks: 400 Ways to Make Life on the Road Easier, Safer, and More Fun!
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.