Posted on 2021-07-23, by book24h.
Silvia Leonzi, "Power and Communication: Media, Politics and Institutions in Times of Crisis"
English | ISBN: 1443876208 | 2015 | 160 pages | PDF | 914 KB
This book represents a significant contribution to the discussion on the part played by communication, especially in its mediated forms, in peoples lives, dwelling on the nature of the relationship between the notion of power and the media in current Western societies. The media have dramatically increased their capacity to exercise their symbolic force over other fields of cultural production, by partly structuring those intrinsic rules, values, and practices that organize, for example, the political system or the academic world from the inside. On the other hand, the media are intertwined environments subjected to the influence of other cultural, economic, and political forces, which, in turn, reveal themselves to be capable of framing reality through the media themselves. Particularly focusing on the topic of the economic crisis, the various chapters of this edited volume highlight how the relationship between the media and other forces capable of pervasively exercising their power appears to be, paradoxically, as strict as it is opaque. Social media and smart mobile technologies have increasingly affected the modalities whereby other institutions and organizations reflect on themselves and develop their worldviews. At the same time, however, politics and economics experts and strategists have all learned how to exploit this potential for their own purposes. Detecting the opacity that characterizes this form of exploitation is the first step in the acknowledgment of this phenomenon.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 48644
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Diverging Paths?: The Shapes of Power and Institutions in Medieval Christendom and Islam (The Medieval Mediterranean)
- 2021-03-02Work and Livelihoods: History, Ethnography and Models in Times of Crisis
- 2021-02-11Work and Livelihoods: History, Ethnography and Models in Times of Crisis
- 2021-01-25Work and Livelihoods History, Ethnography and Models in Times of Crisis
- 2021-01-24Work and Livelihoods: History, Ethnography and Models in Times of Crisis
- 2020-05-22Philosophy and Literature in Times of Crisis: Challenging our Infatuation with Numbers
- 2019-01-03Wise Mind, Open Mind Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Business Strategies and Competitiveness in Times of Crisis: A Survey on Italian SMEs [Italian] - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Philosophy and Literature in Times of Crisis: Challenging our Infatuation with Numbers
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2016-12-03Business Strategies and Competitiveness in Times of Crisis A Survey on Italian SMEs - Removed
- 2012-09-29Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2012-09-04Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2010-02-03Let's Talk: Sharing Our Thoughts and Feelings During Times of Crisis
- 2021-04-03Market Power Politics: War, Institutions, and Strategic Delay in World Politics
- 2019-08-25The Dynamics of Political Communication Media and Politics in a Digital Age
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Media, Power and Empowerment: Central and Eastern European Communication and Media Conference Ceecom Prague 2012
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Live From Downing Street: The Inside Story of Politics, Power and the Media - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] American Business and Political Power: Public Opinion, Elections, and Democracy (Studies in Communication, Media, and Public Opinion) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.