Posted on 2020-04-24, by books_lover.
Drawing on a vast archive of world history, anthropology, geography, cultural theory, postcolonial studies, gender studies, literature, and art, Susan Stanford Friedman recasts modernity as a networked, circulating, and recurrent phenomenon producing multiple aesthetic innovations across millennia. Considering cosmopolitan as well as nomadic and oceanic worlds, she radically revises the scope of modernist critique and opens the practice to more integrated study. Friedman moves from large-scale instances of pre-1500 modernities, such as Tang Dynasty China and the Mongol Empire, to small-scale instances of modernisms, including the poetry of Du Fu and Kabir and Abbasid ceramic art. She maps the interconnected modernisms of the long twentieth century, pairing Joseph Conrad with Tayeb Salih, E. M. Forster with Arundhati Roy, Virginia Woolf with the Tagores, and Aimé Césaire with Theresa Hak Kyung Cha. She reads postcolonial works from Sudan and India and engages with the idea of Négritu
- Ebooks list page : 43369
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Planetary Modernisms: Provocations on Modernity Across Time (Modernist Latitudes)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Planetary Modernisms: Provocations on Modernity Across Time (Modernist Latitudes)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Lucretius and Modernity: Epicurean Encounters Across Time and Disciplines (New Antiquity)
- 2019-07-03Karl Bodmer's America Revisited Landscape Views Across Time
- 2019-05-31Michael Fazio - Buildings Across Time - An Introduction to World Architecture
- 2018-11-23Surviving the French Revolution A Bridge across Time
- 2018-10-07Knowledge in Motion Constellations of Learning Across Time and Place (2nd edition)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Agility Across Time and Space: Implementing Agile Methods in Global Software Projects
- 2018-01-23[PDF] On Company Time: American Modernism in the Big Magazines (Modernist Latitudes)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Surviving the French Revolution: A Bridge across Time
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Two Hundred and Twenty-One Baker Streets: An Anthology of Holmesian Tales Across Time and Space
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Chasing Terpsichore (Muses Across Time Book 1)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Stars Across Time
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Scandinavian Colonialism and the Rise of Modernity: Small Time Agents in a Global Arena (Contributions To Global Historical Archaeology) - Removed
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Kiss Across Time (Kiss Across Time #1)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Faiths across Time [4 volumes]: 5,000 Years of Religious History
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The European Union with(in) International Organisations: Commitment, Consistency and Effects across Time (Globalisation, Europe, Multilateralism series)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Social Ecology: Society-Nature Relations across Time and Space (Human-Environment Interactions) - Removed
- 2017-09-18Buildings across Time An Introduction to World Architecture
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.