Author: Piano Notes, The World, Pianist By, Charles Rosen
Publisher: Fr..ee Pr..ess 2002
Posted on 2012-03-20, by LionFar.
Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist By Charles Rosen
PUBLISHER: FR..EE PR..ESS 2002 | 256 PAGES | ISBN: 0743203828 | DJVU |2.14MB
Charles Rosen is one of the world's most talented pianists -- and one of music's most astute commentators. Known as a performer of Bach, Beethoven, Stravinsky, and Elliott Carter, he has also written highly acclaimed criticism for sophisticated students and professionals.
In Piano Notes, he writes for a broader audience about an old friend -- the piano itself. Drawing upon a lifetime of wisdom and the accumulated lore of many great performers of the past, Rosen shows why the instrument demands such a stark combination of mental and physical prowess. Readers will gather many little-known insights -- from how pianists vary their posture, to how splicings and microphone placements can ruin recordings, to how the history of composition was dominated by the piano for two centuries. Stories of many great musicians abound. Rosen reveals Nadia Boulanger's favorite way to avoid commenting on the performances of her friends ("You know what I think," spoken with utmost earnestness), why Glenn Gould's recordings suffer from "double-strike" touches, and how even Vladimir Horowitz became enamored of splicing multiple performances into a single recording. Rosen's explanation of the piano's physical pleasures, demands, and discontents will delight and instruct anyone who has ever sat at a keyboard, as well as everyone who loves to listen to the instrument.
In the end, he strikes a contemplative note. Western music was built around the piano from the classical era until recently, and for a good part of that time the instrument was an essential acquisition for every middle-class household. Music making was part of the fabric of social life. Yet those days have ended. Fewer people learn the instrument today. The rise of recorded music has homogenized performance styles and greatly reduced the frequency of public concerts. Music will undoubtedly survive, but will the supremely physical experience of playing the piano ever be the same?
DownloadDownload from Uploaded.to
- Ebooks list page : 17941
- 2020-05-04Piano Notes The World Of The Pianist
- 2020-04-20Piano Notes The World of the Pianist
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist
- 2012-03-19Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist
- 2020-09-16VA World's Greatest Piano Classics The Only Piano Classics Album You Will Ever Need ! (2015)
- 2019-10-21World's Fastest Piano Method The Piano Revolution!
- 2019-10-01World's Fastest Piano Method - The Piano Revolution!
- 2019-02-17edoc site oscar peterson jazz piano for the young pianist 1
- 2014-05-24Rocket piano Course - The easy way to learn piano - Rocket piano Course Download Full Pack Learning Kit - Become a Complete Pianist
- 2021-04-12Udemy - Sarah Jane's Piano Masterclass - The Mete Method
- 2021-04-09Sarah Jane's Piano Masterclass - The Mete Method
- 2021-04-09Sarah Janes Piano Masterclass The Mete Method
- 2021-04-05Piano Book: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners: How To Play Keyboard
- 2021-03-25Playing Piano For The Great Standards: more than 500 Intros
- 2021-03-03The Ultimate Piano Songbook : The Library Of 16 Wonderful Songs For Pianists: Piano Pop Songs
- 2021-02-24Playing Piano For The Great Standards: more than 500 Intros
- 2020-12-22Bowie's Piano Man The Life of Mike Garson
- 2020-09-22The Pianist 2002 720p BluRay 999MB HQ x265 10bit-GalaxyRG
- 2020-07-16Moscow Nights: The Van Cliburn Story-How One Man and His Piano Transformed the Cold War
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.