Posted on 2020-05-22, by books_lover.
Highlighting literature and philosophy's potential impact on economics, health care, bioethics, public policy and theology, this book analyses the heuristic value of fiction. It alerts us to how we risk succumbing to the deceptions of fiction in our everyday lives, because fictional representations constantly feign to be of the real and claim a reality of their own. Philosophy and literature disclose how the substantive sphere of social, economic and medical practice is sometimes driven and shaped by the affect-ridden and subjective. Analysing a wide range of literature―from Augustine, Shakespeare, Spinoza and Deleuze to Kafka, Sylvia Plath, Philip Roth, W. G. Sebald and Jonathan Littell―Michael Mack rethinks ethical attitudes towards the long or eternal life. In so doing he shows how philosophy and literature turn representation against itself to expose the hollowness of theologically grand concepts that govern our secular approach towards ethics, economics and medicine. Philosophy a
- Ebooks list page : 43679
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Philosophy and Literature in Times of Crisis: Challenging our Infatuation with Numbers
- 2019-12-18New Directions in Philosophy and Literature
- 2019-07-04Logoi and Muthoi Further Essays in Greek Philosophy and Literature
- 2019-01-03Wise Mind, Open Mind Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Business Strategies and Competitiveness in Times of Crisis: A Survey on Italian SMEs [Italian] - Removed
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Between Philosophy and Literature: Bakhtin and the Question of the Subject
- 2016-12-03Business Strategies and Competitiveness in Times of Crisis A Survey on Italian SMEs - Removed
- 2012-09-29Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2012-09-04Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2011-09-25Dumb Beasts and Dead Philosophers: Humanity and the Humane in Ancient Philosophy and Literature
- 2011-09-08Theory and Practice in the Eighteenth Century: Writing Between Philosophy and Literature
- 2011-09-05Very Little ... Almost Nothing: Death, Philosophy and Literature (Warwick Studies in European Philosophy) - Removed
- 2010-09-24The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy and Literature K0.25.9[updated]
- 2010-08-21The Oxford Handbook of Philosophy and Literature
- 2010-02-03Let's Talk: Sharing Our Thoughts and Feelings During Times of Crisis
- 2009-03-19THEORY AND PRACTICE IN EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY BRITAIN: Writing Between Philosophy and Literature
- 2020-08-25Head Cases: Julia Kristeva on Philosophy and Art in Depressed Times (Columbia Themes in Philosophy, Social Criticism, and the Arts)
- 2020-07-14Jorge Luis Borges, Post-Analytic Philosophy, and Representation (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.