Posted on 2017-10-31, by manhneovn.
Laura Spinney, Paul Hodgson (Narrator), "Pale Rider: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and How It Changed the World"
ASIN: B075RRTVSG, ISBN: 1478992042 | 2017 | MP3@64 kbps | ~10:04:00 | 287 MB
In 1918, the Italian-Americans of New York, the Yupik of Alaska, and the Persians of Mashed had almost nothing in common except for a virus - one that triggered the worst pandemic of modern times and had a decisive effect on the history of the 20th century.
The Spanish flu of 1918-1920 was one of the greatest human disasters of
all time. It infected a third of the people on Earth - from the poorest immigrants of New York City to the king of Spain, Franz Kafka, Mahatma Gandhi, and Woodrow Wilson. But despite a death toll of between 50 and 100 million people, it exists in our memory as an afterthought to World War I.
In this gripping narrative history, Laura Spinney traces the overlooked pandemic to reveal how the virus travelled across the globe, exposing mankind's vulnerability and putting our ingenuity to the test. As socially significant as both world wars, the Spanish flu dramatically disrupted - and often permanently altered - global politics, race relations, and family structures while spurring innovation in medicine, religion, and the arts. It was partly responsible, Spinney argues, for pushing India to independence, South Africa to apartheid, and Switzerland to the brink of civil war. It also created the true "lost generation". Drawing on the latest research in history, virology, epidemiology, psychology, and economics, Pale Rider masterfully recounts the little-known catastrophe that forever changed humanity.
- Ebooks list page : 32972
- 2020-02-19Pale Rider: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and How It Changed the World
- 2012-02-23The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2012-01-05One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2012-01-01One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2011-12-29Peoples and Cultures of the World (Audiobook) - Removed
- 2011-12-29The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2011-10-24Successful Houses And How To Build Them
- 2021-07-28The Disintegrating Student Struggling But Smart, Falling Apart, And How to Turn It Around [Audiobook]
- 2021-07-23Age Of Pandemics (1817 1920) How They Shaped India And The World [Audiobook]
- 2021-07-22Fake History Ten Great Lies and How They Shaped the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-07-20The Verge Reformation, Renaissance, and Forty Years That Shook the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-07-19Age of Pandemics (1817-1920) How They Shaped India and the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-06-02The Joy Switch: How Your Brain's Secret Circuit Affects Your Relationships And How You Can Activate It [Audiobook]
- 2021-05-17Take More Vacations: How to Search Better, Book Cheaper, and Travel the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-26Crazy Making to Love Making: What's wrong with the opposite sex and how to fix it forever (Audiobook)
- 2021-04-14Whole Mind Facilitation: How to Lead Workshops That Change People, Organizations, and the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-13The Body in Pain: The Making and Unmaking of the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-25Delicious: The Evolution of Flavor and How It Made Us Human [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-25The Book You Were Born to Write: Everything You Need to (Finally) Get Your Wisdom onto the Page and into the World [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.