Posted on 2017-10-31, by manhneovn.
Laura Spinney, Paul Hodgson (Narrator), "Pale Rider: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and How It Changed the World"
ASIN: B075RRTVSG, ISBN: 1478992042 | 2017 | MP3@64 kbps | ~10:04:00 | 287 MB
In 1918, the Italian-Americans of New York, the Yupik of Alaska, and the Persians of Mashed had almost nothing in common except for a virus - one that triggered the worst pandemic of modern times and had a decisive effect on the history of the 20th century.
The Spanish flu of 1918-1920 was one of the greatest human disasters of
all time. It infected a third of the people on Earth - from the poorest immigrants of New York City to the king of Spain, Franz Kafka, Mahatma Gandhi, and Woodrow Wilson. But despite a death toll of between 50 and 100 million people, it exists in our memory as an afterthought to World War I.
In this gripping narrative history, Laura Spinney traces the overlooked pandemic to reveal how the virus travelled across the globe, exposing mankind's vulnerability and putting our ingenuity to the test. As socially significant as both world wars, the Spanish flu dramatically disrupted - and often permanently altered - global politics, race relations, and family structures while spurring innovation in medicine, religion, and the arts. It was partly responsible, Spinney argues, for pushing India to independence, South Africa to apartheid, and Switzerland to the brink of civil war. It also created the true "lost generation". Drawing on the latest research in history, virology, epidemiology, psychology, and economics, Pale Rider masterfully recounts the little-known catastrophe that forever changed humanity.
- Ebooks list page : 32972
- 2020-02-19Pale Rider: The Spanish Flu of 1918 and How It Changed the World
- 2021-08-20Why We Love Pirates The Hunt for Captain Kidd and How He Changed Piracy Forever [Audiobook]
- 2021-09-13Visionary Women How Rachel Carson, Jane Jacobs, Jane Goodall, and Alice Waters Changed Our World [AudioBook]
- 2012-02-23The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2012-01-05One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2012-01-01One Goal, Two Paths: Achieving Universal Access to Modern Energy in East Asia and Pacific - The World Bank
- 2011-12-29Peoples and Cultures of the World (Audiobook) - Removed
- 2011-12-29The Jobs Crisis: Household and Government Responses to the Great Recession in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Directions in Development) - The World Bank
- 2011-10-24Successful Houses And How To Build Them
- 2021-09-16Leave Me Alone and I'll Make You Rich How the Bourgeois Deal Enriched the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-09-16The Verge Reformation, Renaissance, And Forty Years That Shook The World [Audiobook]
- 2021-09-13Miraculous Abundance One Quarter Acre, Two French Farmers, and Enough Food to Feed the World [AudioBook]
- 2021-08-19Good Thinking Why Flawed Logic Puts Us All at Risk and How Critical Thinking Can Save the World [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-19Chronic The Hidden Cause of the Autoimmune Pandemic and How to Get Healthy Again [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-17Planet Palm How Palm Oil Ended Up In Everything And Endangered The World [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-15The State Must Provide Why America's Colleges Have Always Been Unequal - And How to Set Them Right [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-14The State Must Provide Why America's Colleges Have Always Been Unequal - And How to Set Them Right [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-09That Used to Be Us How America Fell Behind in the World It Invented and How We Can Come Back[Audiobook] - Removed
- 2021-07-28The Disintegrating Student Struggling But Smart, Falling Apart, And How to Turn It Around [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.