Posted on 2017-11-05, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Hillel Cohen | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 312 | ISBN: 1611688116 | ISBN13: 9781611688115 |
Description: In late summer 1929, a countrywide outbreak of Arab-Jewish-British violence transformed the political landscape of Palestine forever. In contrast with those who point to the wars of 1948 and 1967, historian Hillel Cohen marks these bloody events as year zero of the Arab-Israeli conflict that persists today. The murderous violence inflicted on Jews caused a fractious - and now traumatized - community of Zionists, non-Zionists, Ashkenazim, and Mizrachim to coalesce around a unified national consciousness arrayed against an implacable Arab enemy. While the Jews unified, Arabs came to grasp the national essence of the conflict, realizing that Jews of all stripes viewed the land as belonging to the Jewish people. Through memory and historiography, in a manner both associative and highly calculated, Cohen traces the horrific events of August 23 to September 1 in painstaking detail. He extends his geographic and chronological reach and uses a non-linear reconstruction of events to call for a thorough reconsideration of cause and effect. Sifting through Arab and Hebrew sources - many rarely, if ever, examined before - Cohen reflects on the attitudes and perceptions of Jews and Arabs who experienced the events and, most significantly, on the memories they bequeathed to later generations. The result is a multifaceted and revealing examination of a formative series of episodes that will intrigue historians, political scientists, and others interested in understanding the essence - and the very beginning - of what has been an intractable conflict.
Year Zero of the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1929 (The Schusterman Series in Israel Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33158
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Oriental Neighbors: Middle Eastern Jews and Arabs in Mandatory Palestine (The Schusterman Series in Israel Studies)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] A Jewish Kapo in Auschwitz: History, Memory, and the Politics of Survival (The Schusterman Series in Israel Studies)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Political Conflict and Exclusion in Jerusalem: The Provision of Education and Social Services (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Myths and Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Encyclopedia of the Arab-Israeli Conflict [4 volumes]: A Political, Social, and Military History
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Arab-Israeli Conflict: A History (Contemporary Worlds)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Trans-Colonial Urban Space in Palestine: Politics and Development (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] From Coexistence to Conquest: International Law and the Origins of the Arab-Israeli Conflict 1891-1949
- 2017-12-14[PDF] A Documentary History of the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Arab-Israeli Conflict in American Political Culture
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Domestic Battleground: Canada and the Arab-Israeli Conflict
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The UN and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: American Hegemony and UN Intervention since 1947 (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Routledge Historical Atlases)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Psychological Warfare in the Arab-Israeli Conflict - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Israel's Colonial Project in Palestine: Brutal Pursuit (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2017-04-09[PDF] Arab-Israeli Conflict: The Essential Reference Guide
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Israel's Colonial Project in Palestine: Brutal Pursuit (Routledge Studies on the Arab-Israeli Conflict)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Routledge Atlas of the Arab-Israeli Conflict (Routledge Historical Atlases)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The UN and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: American Hegemony and UN Intervention since 1947 (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.