Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David C. King | Publisher: Wiley | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 144 | ISBN: 0471443921 | ISBN13: 9780471443926 |
Description: Experience explosive changes in American history with the people who witnessed them! From 1870 to 1950, America experienced an unprecedented era of rapid change and growth. A host of remarkable inventions led the way in transforming this nation into a major world power, and yet the forces of change often caused tremendous upheaval in people's lives. Now, World Wars and the Modern Age provides a rare glimpse into the day-to-day experiences of Americans who lived through Prohibition, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, and two world wars. You'll be there as the New York Times offices are filled with electric light for the first time. You'll watch as immigrants flock to America's colorful, fast-growing cities, hoping to start anew. You'll read a young soldier's account of going "over the top" during the grim trench warfare of World War Iand, barely twenty years later, an eyewitness account of the surprise Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor that plunged America into World War II. From the personal writings of Henry Ford on his Model T automobile to songs of the Depression, from FDR's Inaugural Address to a G.I.'s description of D-Day, World Wars and the Modern Age presents a wealth of period documents, including diaries, letters, articles, advertisements, speeches, and more, from both famous figures and ordinary citizens. Find out how all of these American voices together helped make this country what it is today.
World Wars and the Modern Age.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35691
- 2011-01-20World Wars and the Modern Age (repost)
- 2007-07-13World Wars and the Modern Age (American Heritage, American Voices series)
- 2007-07-12World Wars and the Modern Age (American Heritage, American Voices series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Dodger: The Extraordinary Story Of Churchill's American Cousin, Two World Wars, And The Great Escape
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Total Wars and the Making of Modern Ukraine, 1914-1954
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Climate, History and the Modern World
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Climate, History and the Modern World
- 2018-12-12American Triumvirate Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, and the Modern Age of Golf
- 2018-01-10[PDF] World Opinion and the Northern Ireland Peace Process - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Depth Psychology and the Digital Age
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Long Wars and the Constitution
- 2017-10-21[PDF] Sri Lanka in the Modern Age: A History
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Sri Lanka in the Modern Age: A History
- 2013-01-07American Triumvirate: Sam Snead, Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, and the Modern Age of Golf
- 2011-11-28How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's ... Our World and Everything in It
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Chess in the Middle Ages and Early Modern Age: Volume: A Fundamental Thought Paradigm of the Premodern World
- 2018-01-18[PDF] World War l: The Great War and the World It Made (The Modern Scholar) (Audiobook)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] National Myth and the First World War in Modern Popular Music (Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music) - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Mycenaean Greece and the Aegean World: Palace and Province in the Late Bronze Age
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.