Posted on 2018-01-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Paul Gipe | Category: Environmental Engineering | Language: English | Page: 576 | ISBN: 0997451815 | ISBN13: 9780997451818 |
Description: Wind Energy for the Rest of Us straddles twoâ€”or moreâ€”worlds. The book is about wind energy. Itâ€™s not just about small wind turbines. Itâ€™s not just about large wind turbines. Itâ€™s about the depth and breadth of wind energy, encompassing more than either type of wind turbine. It includes water-pumping windmills and sailing ships. Itâ€™s a sprawling book, one minute discussing how to install small wind turbines safely, the next explaining how farmers in Indiana can earn millions by installing their own multimegawatt wind turbines. If itâ€™s a book hard to categorize, that suits its author, Paul Gipe, who likes to think heâ€™s hard to categorize after four decades at the frontiers of renewable energy. His book tells the story of modern wind energy in all its complexity and introduces a North American audience to the trailblazing electricity rebels who have launched a renewable energy revolution in Europe. The book debunks novel wind turbines their promoters claim will generate electricity â€œtoo cheap to meter,â€ and rebukes revisionist historians who falsely argue that it was the aerospace industry that delivered todayâ€™s modern wind turbines. Gipe explains why new wind turbines are part of a silent revolution that is changing the way we use wind energy. This revolution doesnâ€™t garner headlines, but is making wind turbines more cost-effective in more places than ever before, lessening the need for new transmission lines, obviating the need for storage, and fueling rapid growth. Gipe refutes many common myths surrounding wind energy and argues persuasively that wind turbines are productive, effective, and environmentally sound. Gipe argues that wind energy is too important to be left to electric utilities and their subsidiaries alone. Wind energy is also for the rest of us, he says. It is our resource. We can develop it and we can own itâ€“ourselves.
Wind Energy for the Rest of Us: A Comprehensive Guide to Wind Power and How to Use It.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35494
- 2020-10-18Wind Energy for the Rest of Us: A Comprehensive Guide to Wind Power and How to Use It [True EPUB]
- 2017-11-17[PDF] AARP Roadmap for the Rest of Your Life: Smart Choices About Money, Health, Work, Lifestyle ... and Pursuing Your Dreams
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Writing Well (For the Rest of Us): No Grammar. No Rules. Just Common Sense.
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Information Security for the Rest of Us
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Timber Framing for the Rest of Us: A Guide to Contemporary Post and Beam Construction
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Rocket Science for the Rest of Us
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Vascular Diseases for the Non-Specialist: An Evidence-Based Guide - Removed
- 2018-01-11[PDF] State Constitutions for the Twenty-first Century, Vol. 2: Drafting State Constitutions, Revisions, and Amendments (SUNY Series in American Constitutionalism)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Drawing People for the Absolute Beginner: A Clear & Easy Guide to Successful Figure Drawing - Removed
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Drawing Nature for the Absolute Beginner: A Clear & Easy Guide to Drawing Landscapes & Nature (Art for the Absolute Beginner) - Removed
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Oil Painting For The Absolute Beginner: A Clear & Easy Guide to Successful Oil Painting (Art for the Absolute Beginner)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Design Essentials for the Motion Media Artist: A Practical Guide to Principles & Techniques
- 2017-11-09[PDF] Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul on Tough Stuff: Stories of Tough Times and Lessons Learned (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Drawing Portraits for the Absolute Beginner: A Clear & Easy Guide to Successful Portrait Drawing (Art for the Absolute Beginner) - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Strategy for the Corporate Level: Where to Invest, What to Cut Back and How to Grow Organisations with Multiple Divisions
- 2017-10-11[PDF] A Search for the Truth: Bolshevik Revolution-World War 1-World War 2 and Germany-The Holocaust Myth
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Design Essentials for the Motion Media Artist: A Practical Guide to Principles & Techniques
- 2020-05-02Strategy for the Corporate Level: Where to Invest, What to Cut Back and How to Grow Organisations with Multiple Divisions Ed 2
- 2017-11-27[PDF] The Natural Building Companion: A Comprehensive Guide to Integrative Design and Construction (Yestermorrow Design/ Build Library)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.