Posted on 2017-11-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daniel Gile | Publisher: John Benjamins Publishing Company | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 269 | ISBN: 902722434X | ISBN13: 9789027224347 |
Description: Whether Translation Studies really matters is an important and challenging question which practitioners of translation and interpreting raise repeatedly. TS scholars, many of whom are translators and interpreters themselves, are not indifferent to it either. The twenty papers of this thematic volume, contributed by authors from various parts of Europe, from Brazil and from Israel, address it in a positive spirit. Some do so through direct critical reflection and analysis, arguing in particular that the engagement of TS with society should be strengthened so that the latter could benefit more from the former. Others illustrate the relevance and contribution of TS to society and to other disciplines from various angles. Topics broached include the cultural mediation role of translators, issues in literary translation, knowledge as intellectual capital, globalization through English and risks associated with it, bridging languages, mass media, corpora, training, the use of modern technology, interdisciplinarity with psycholinguistics and neurophysiology.
Why Translation Studies Matters (Benjamins Translation Library).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33389
- 2011-08-09Why Translation Studies Matters (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Why Translation Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Why Translation Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Why Multimodal Literacy Matters: (Re)Conceptualizing Literacy and Wellbeing Through Singing-Infused Multimodal, Intergenerational Curricula
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Why Cultural Studies?
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Why Online Marketing Matters - How Small Business Can Get More Customers, Sales & Profits
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Why Internet Porn Matters
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Tracks and Treks in Translation Studies: Selected papers from the EST Congress, Leuven 2010 (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Tradition, Tension and Translation in Turkey (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Habsburg Monarchy's Many-Languaged Soul: Translating and interpreting, 1848-1918 (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Topics in Audiovisual Translation (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Contexts, Subtexts and Pretexts: Literary translation in Eastern Europe and Russia (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Discourse of Court Interpreting: Discourse Practices of the Law, the Witness and the Interpreter (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Between Text and Image: Updating research in screen translation (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Literary Translation in Modern Iran: A sociological study (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Translation in Anthologies and Collections (19th and 20th Centuries) (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Game Localization: Translating for the global digital entertainment industry (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] From Paris to Nuremberg: The birth of conference interpreting (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Translation and the Spanish Empire in the Americas (Benjamins Translation Library) [Spanish]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.