Posted on 2018-01-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Edith Grossman | Category: Popular science | Language: English | Page: 160 | ISBN: 0300171307 | ISBN13: 9780300171303 |
Description: Why Translation Matters argues for the cultural importance of translation and for a more encompassing and nuanced appreciation of the translatorâ€™s role. As the acclaimed translator Edith Grossman writes in her introduction, â€œMy intention is to stimulate a new consideration of an area of literature that is too often ignored, misunderstood, or misrepresented.â€ For Grossman, translation has a transcendent importance: â€œTranslation not only plays its important traditional role as the means that allows us access to literature originally written in one of the countless languages we cannot read, but it also represents a concrete literary presence with the crucial capacity to ease and make more meaningful our relationships to those with whom we may not have had a connection before. Translation always helps us to know, to see from a different angle, to attribute new value to what once may have been unfamiliar. As nations and as individuals, we have a critical need for that kind of understanding and insight. The alternative is unthinkable.â€ Throughout the four chapters of this bracing volume, Grossmanâ€™s belief in the crucial significance of the translatorâ€™s work, as well as her rare ability to explain the intellectual sphere that she inhabits as interpreter of the original text, inspires and provokes the reader to engage with translation in an entirely new way.
Why Translation Matters (Why X Matters Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34990
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Why Translation Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Why Trilling Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Why Niebuhr Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Why Acting Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Why the Romantics Matter (Why X Matters Series)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Why Translation Studies Matters (Benjamins Translation Library)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Why Architecture Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2017-01-16[PDF] Why Acting Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Why Architecture Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Why the Romantics Matter (Why X Matters Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Why Trilling Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2020-08-03Why Preservation Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2018-06-27Why Baseball Matters (Why X Matters Series)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Why Fashion Matters
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Why Multimodal Literacy Matters: (Re)Conceptualizing Literacy and Wellbeing Through Singing-Infused Multimodal, Intergenerational Curricula
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Why Place Matters: Geography, Identity, and Civic Life in Modern America (New Atlantis Books)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Why Write?: A Master Class on the Art of Writing and Why it Matters
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Why Classical Music Still Matters
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Why Love Matters: How affection shapes a baby's brain - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.