Posted on 2017-12-28, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Amy N. Langville | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0691154228 | ISBN13: 9780691154220 |
Description: A website's ranking on Google can spell the difference between success and failure for a new business. NCAA football ratings determine which schools get to play for the big money in postseason bowl games. Product ratings influence everything from the clothes we wear to the movies we select on Netflix. Ratings and rankings are everywhere, but how exactly do they work? Who's #1? offers an engaging and accessible account of how scientific rating and ranking methods are created and applied to a variety of uses. Amy Langville and Carl Meyer provide the first comprehensive overview of the mathematical algorithms and methods used to rate and rank sports teams, political candidates, products, Web pages, and more. In a series of interesting asides, Langville and Meyer provide fascinating insights into the ingenious contributions of many of the field's pioneers. They survey and compare the different methods employed today, showing why their strengths and weaknesses depend on the underlying goal, and explaining why and when a given method should be considered. Langville and Meyer also describe what can and can't be expected from the most widely used systems. The science of rating and ranking touches virtually every facet of our lives, and now you don't need to be an expert to understand how it really works. Who's #1? is the definitive introduction to the subject. It features easy-to-understand examples and interesting trivia and historical facts, and much of the required mathematics is included.
Who's #1?: The Science of Rating and Ranking.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34786
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Who's #1?: The Science of Rating and Ranking
- 2014-06-12Who's #1?: The Science of Rating and Ranking
- 2014-06-07Who's #1?: The Science of Rating and Ranking
- 2014-06-05Who's #1?: The Science of Rating and Ranking
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Who Will Do the Science of the Future?: A Symposium on Careers of Women in Science (Compass series)
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Who Will Do the Science of the Future?: A Symposium on Careers of Women in Science (Compass series)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Time Machine Tales: The Science Fiction Adventures and Philosophical Puzzles of Time Travel (Science and Fiction) - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Thermodynamics: Theory & Practice: The science of energy and power.
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Archaeoastronomy: Introduction to the Science of Stars and Stones (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics) - Removed
- 2012-01-03From Neurons to Neighborhoods : The Science of Early Childhood Development - Committee On Integrating The Science Of Early Childhood Development, Youth, And Families Board On Ch
- 2011-10-14Naval Engineering in the 21st Century: The Science and Technology Foundation for Future Naval Fleets
- 2011-08-31Advancing the Science of Climate Change
- 2011-08-17Advancing the Science of Climate Change (National Research Council)
- 2007-11-03Algorithms and Data Structures: The Science of Computing - Removed
- 2020-09-14Who You Are: The Science of Connectedness [Audiobook]
- 2019-07-18@(Good) - Why You Should Read Psychology: The Science Of Mind And Behaviour by Richard Gross Online or Download [EPUB MOBI PDF]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Mad In America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine, And The Enduring Mistreatment Of The Mentally Ill.
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Science of Wrestling and The Art of Jiu-Jitsu
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Who Thought This Was a Good Idea?: And Other Questions You Should Have Answers to When You Work in the White House
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.