[PDF] Who Will Be the Next President?: A Guide to the U.S. Presidential Election System (Springerbriefs in Law)
Posted on 2018-01-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alexander S. Belenky | Publisher: Springer | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 165 | ISBN: 3319446959 | ISBN13: 9783319446950 |
Description: This book addresses the peculiarities of the current presidential election system not yet addressed in other publications. It argues that any rules for electing a President that may have a chance to replace the current ones should provide an equal representation of states as equal members of the Union, and of the nation as a whole. This book analyzes the National Popular Vote plan and shows that this plan may violate the Supreme Court decisions on the equality of votes cast in statewide popular elections held to choose state electors. That is, the National Popular Vote plan may violate the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The book proposes a new election system in which the will of the states and the will of the nation as a whole are determined by direct popular elections for President and Vice President in the 50 states and in D.C. This system a) would elect President a candidate who is the choice of both the nation as a whole and of the states as equal members of the Union, b) would let the current system elect a President only if the nation as a whole and the states as equal members of the Union fail to agree on a common candidate, and c) would encourage the candidates to campaign nationwide. The second edition has been updated to include a proposal on how to make established non-major party presidential candidates and independent candidates welcome participants in national televised presidential debates with the major-party candidates.
Who Will Be the Next President?: A Guide to the U.S. Presidential Election System (Springerbriefs in Law).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35195
- 2020-05-16Who Will Be the Next President?: A Guide to the U.S. Presidential Election System (Springerbriefs in Law) Ed 2
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Who Will Do the Science of the Future?: A Symposium on Careers of Women in Science (Compass series)
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Who Will Do the Science of the Future?: A Symposium on Careers of Women in Science (Compass series)
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Understanding the Fundamentals of the U.S. Presidential Election System - Removed
- 2020-05-06Pluralsight Who Will Build The Next Million Products Front 2019 - Removed
- 2020-03-15PS- Who Will Build the Next Million Products Front 2019 - Removed
- 2020-02-06Who Will Build the Next Million Products Front 2019 - Removed
- 2019-12-18Who Will Provide the Next Financial Model Asia`s Financial Muscle and Europe`s Financial Maturity
- 2018-05-13Dear Madam President An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World
- 2018-04-01Dear Madam President: An Open Letter to the Women Who Will Run the World
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Creating Innovators: The Making of Young People Who Will Change the World - Removed
- 2013-10-27Who Will Provide the Next Financial Model?: Asia's Financial Muscle and Europe's Financial Maturity
- 2020-10-11Personality Wins: Who Will Take the White House and How We Know (Audiobook)
- 2020-06-02Who Will Face the Tribulation How to Prepare for the Rapture and Christ's Return
- 2018-01-29[PDF] I Will Hold: The Story of USMC Legend Clifton B. Cates, from Belleau Wood to Victory in the Great War
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Accidence Will Happen: The Non-Pedantic Guide to English Usage
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Free Will and the Brain: Neuroscientific, Philosophical, and Legal Perspectives
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Blood Will Out: The True Story of a Murder, a Mystery, and a Masquerade
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Who's #1?: The Science of Rating and Ranking
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.