[PDF] Where Am I Eating?: An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy with Discussion Questions and a Guide to Going 'Glocal'
Posted on 2018-01-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Kelsey Timmerman | Publisher: Wiley | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 111896652X | ISBN13: 9781118966525 |
Description: A deeply human-centered perspective on the origins of America's food Where Am I Eating? bridges the gap between global food producers and the American consumer, providing an insightful look at how our eating habits affect farmers and fishermen around the world. Follow the author on his global quest to meet the workers that nurture, harvest, and hunt our food, as he works alongside themloading lobster diving boats in Nicaragua, harvesting bananas in Costa Rica, lugging cocoa beans in Ivory Coast with a modern-day slave, picking coffee beans in Colombia and hauling tomatoes in Indiana. This new edition includes a study guide, a deeper explanation of the "glocal" concept, and advice for students looking to become engaged as both local and global citizens. Arguing neither for nor against globalization, this book simply explores the lives of those who feed us. Imports account for eighty-six percent of America's seafood, fifty percent of its fresh fruit, and eighteen percent of its fresh vegetables. Where Am I Eating? examines the effects of this reliance on those who supply the global food economy. Learn more about the global producers that feed our nation, and learn from their worldviews intensely connected to people and planet Discover how food preferences and trends affect the lives of farmers and fishermen Catch a boots-on-the-ground glimpse of the daily lives of food producers on four continents Meet a modern-day slave and explore the blurred line between exploitation and opportunity Observe how the poorest producers fare in the global food economy This book takes a human-centered approach to food, investigating the lives of the people at the other end of the global food economy, observing the hope and opportunityor lack thereofthat results from our reliance on imports. Where Am I Eating? is a touching, insightful, informative look at the origins of our food.
Where Am I Eating?: An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy with Discussion Questions and a Guide to Going 'Glocal'.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35304
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Where Am I Eating?: An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy with Discussion Questions and a Guide to Going 'Glocal'
- 2020-06-18Where Am I Eating?: An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy with Discussion Questions and a Guide to Going "Glocal" Ed 2
- 2013-04-27Where Am I Eating An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy
- 2013-04-26Where Am I Eating An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy
- 2013-04-23Where Am I Eating?: An Adventure Through the Global Food Economy
- 2019-09-26Across the Caspian: An Adventure Through the Caucasus to Mount Elbrus
- 2019-08-23Across the Caspian An Adventure Through the Caucasus to Mount Elbrus
- 2018-10-29The Pants of Perspective One Woman's 3,000 Kilometre Running Adventure Through the Wilds of New Zeal...
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Swim Through the Darkness: My Search for Craig Smith and the Mystery of Maitreya Kali
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Cork Dork: A Wine-Fueled Adventure Among the Obsessive Sommeliers, Big Bottle Hunters, and Rogue Scientists Who Taught Me to Live for Taste
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Cork Dork: A Wine-Fueled Adventure Among the Obsessive Sommeliers, Big Bottle Hunters, and Rogue Scientists Who Taught Me to Live for Taste [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Zeta Functions of Graphs: A Stroll through the Garden (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Population Balances in Biomedical Engineering: Segregation Through the Distribution of Cell States (McGraw-Hill's Biomedical Engineering)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Math Through the Ages: A Gentle History for Teachers and Others, Expanded Edition (Mathematical Association of America Textbooks)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Where Nobody Knows Your Name: Life In the Minor Leagues of Baseball - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] End Emotional Eating: Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Cope with Difficult Emotions and Develop a Healthy Relationship to Food
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Handbook of Research on Teaching Literacy Through the Communicative and Visual Arts: Sponsored by the International Reading Association
- 2017-12-24[PDF] A Year Without 'Made in China': One Family's True Life Adventure in the Global Economy
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Lifestyles Related to Eating Habits in Ready Meal Consumption: Comparative Study Between Sao Paulo and Rome
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.