[PDF] Weighing In: Obesity, Food Justice, and the Limits of Capitalism (California Studies in Food and Culture)
Posted on 2017-11-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Julie Guthman | Category: Health and Care | Language: English | Page: 248 | ISBN: 0520266242 | ISBN13: 9780520266247 |
Description: 0520266250 Weighing In takes on the â€œobesity epidemic,â€ challenging many widely held assumptions about its causes and consequences. Julie Guthman examines fatness and its relationship to health outcomes to ask if our efforts to prevent â€œobesityâ€ are sensible, efficacious, or ethical. She also focuses the lens of obesity on the broader food system to understand why we produce cheap, over-processed food, as well as why we eat it. Guthman takes issue with the currently touted remedy to obesityâ€”promoting food that is local, organic, and farm fresh. While such fare may be tastier and grown in more ecologically sustainable ways, this approach can also reinforce class and race inequalities and neglect other possible explanations for the rise in obesity, including environmental toxins. Arguing that ours is a political economy of bulimiaâ€”one that promotes consumption while also insisting upon thinnessâ€”Guthman offers a complex analysis of our entire economic system.
Weighing In: Obesity, Food Justice, and the Limits of Capitalism (California Studies in Food and Culture).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33401
- 2011-10-11College of Chinese Language and Culture, ' (Mandarin Chinese Language), Book 1
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Women Under Islam: Gender, Justice and the Politics of Islamic Law (Library of Islamic Law)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Divided Spirits: Tequila, Mezcal, and the Politics of Production (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2020-08-03Divided Spirits: Tequila, Mezcal, and the Politics of Production (California Studies in Food and Culture)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Narratives of Low Countries History and Culture: Reframing the Past
- 2018-01-17[PDF] William Faulkner and the Tangible Past: The Architecture of Yoknapatawpha (California Studies in the History of Art)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Greek Myths in Roman Art and Culture: Imagery, Values and Identity in Italy, 50 BC-AD 250 (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Understanding Childhood Obesity (Understanding Health and Sickness Series)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Preventing Childhood Obesity: Evidence Policy and Practice
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Textbook of Obesity: Biological, Psychological and Cultural Influences
- 2017-10-15[PDF] External Governance as Security Community Building: The Limits and Potential of the European Neighbourhood Policy (The European Union in International Affairs) - Removed
- 2017-10-03[PDF] A Critical Friendship: Donald Justice and Richard Stern, 1946-1961
- 2022-04-18Meaning, Truth, and the Limits of Analysis: Ten Studies
- 2018-09-27Stretching the Limits of Productive Imagination Studies in Kantianism, Phenomenology, and Hermeneutics
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Manual of Judeo-Spanish: Language and Culture (Studies and Texts in Jewish History and Culture) [Spanish]
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Chinese Stories of Drug Addiction: Beyond the Opium Dens (Routledge/Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA) East Asian Series)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Negotiating Digital Citizenship: Control, Contest and Culture
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Limits of Grammaticalization (Typological Studies in Language)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Hitler's 'National Community': Society and Culture in Nazi Germany
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.