Posted on 2017-10-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Kees Koonings, Dirk Kruijt | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 1780324561 | ISBN13: 9781780324562 |
Description: 178032457X Even as violent crime has declined worldwide in recent decades, Latin American cities have remained dangerousâ€”they are now among the most violent in the world. This book brings together a stellar roster of contributors to look at the causes and consequences, as well as the possible solutions to the problem of urban violence in Latin America. Using a framework of fragility and resilience, the contributors explore the ways that rapid urbanizationâ€”with its accompanying poverty and exclusionâ€”has combined with the wide availability of firearms and a relatively young population to contribute to high rates of homicide and other violent crime. That violence in turn spurs calls for increased law enforcement, which itself often takes excessively aggressive form, wreaking havoc on already marginalized communities. Featuring original fieldwork and case studies, this volume offers a fresh comparative approach to the issue that will be valuable to scholars and policy makers alike.
Violence and Resilience in Latin American Cities.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32652
- 2020-04-30Violence and Resilience in Latin American Cities
- 2011-11-09How Democracy Works: Political Institutions, Actors, and Arenas in Latin American Policymaking (Interamerican Development Bank)
- 2011-08-01How Democracy Works: Political Institutions, Actors, and Arenas in Latin American Policymaking (Interamerican Development Bank)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Gender and Sexuality in Latin American Horror Cinema: Embodiments of Evil - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] How Democracy Works: Political Institutions, Actors, and Arenas in Latin American Policymaking (Interamerican Development Bank)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Improving Access and Quality of Public Services in Latin America: To Govern and To Serve (Latin American Political Economy) - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Job Creation in Latin America and the Caribbean: Recent Trends and Policy Challenges (Latin American Development Forum) - Removed
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Remembering the Modoc War: Redemptive Violence and the Making of American Innocence (First Peoples: New Directions in Indigenous Studies)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] South America and the First World War: The Impact of the War on Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile (Cambridge Latin American Studies)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Decline of the U.S. Hegemony?: A Challenge of ALBA and a New Latin American Integration of the Twenty-First Century (Security in the Americas in the Twenty-First Century)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Slave Breeding: Sex, Violence, and Memory in African American History
- 2017-11-05[PDF] High Performance Computing: Second Latin American Conference, CARLA 2015, Petropolis, Brazil, August 26-28, 2015, Proceedings (Communications in Computer and Information Science) - Removed
- 2017-10-19[PDF] The System of Objects (Latin American and Iberian Studies Series)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] An Atlas and Survey of Latin American History
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Miniature Messages: The Semiotics and Politics of Latin American Postage Stamps
- 2020-12-30Business Improvement Districts and the Shape of American Cities
- 2020-12-18State Violence and Genocide in Latin America The Cold War Years
- 2020-11-29Erotic Mysticism Subversion and Transcendence in Latin American Modernista Prose
- 2020-11-23Transpacific Literary and Cultural Connections: Latin American Influence in Asia
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.