Posted on 2017-11-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Oleg Pachenkov | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 1 | ISBN: 363160341X |
Description: Urban public space continues to be the focus of debate regarding its conceptualization and how it is designed, (re)produced and managed. Nowadays public spaces are facing new challenges conceptually and practically. This book focuses on two of them: mobility and aestheticization. Mobility and flows are considered to be key characteristics of the post-modern era. While for some scholars it means the end of place, others are trying to re-conceptualize it by bringing together notions of space, place, mobility and identity. Still surprisingly few authors address the concept of public space in this respect. Principles of aesthetic and diverse forms of aestheticization seem to have affected urban space and culture throughout Modernity, forming a dimension where power and conflict around urban space are performed. In this book nine authors with social science and arts backgrounds from six countries discuss how these processes shape the life of modern cities, and where the social sciences should move for a better understanding of them.
Urban Public Space: Facing the Challenges of Mobility and Aestheticization.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33710
- 2018-12-28Urban Public Space Facing the Challenges of Mobility and Aestheticization
- 2018-09-28Urban Public Space Facing the Challenges of Mobility and Aestheticization
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Environmental Geology: Facing the Challenges of the Changing Earth (Living Earth)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Urban Public Housing in Northern Nigeria: The Search for Indigeneity and Cultural Practices in Design (The Urban Book Series) - Removed
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Whose Public Space?: International Case Studies in Urban Design and Development
- 2017-11-08[PDF] World of Strangers: Order and Action in Urban Public Space
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Measuring Public Space: The Star Model (Design and the Built Environment)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Urban Farm Projects: Making the Most of Your Money, Space and Stuff
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Whose Public Space?: International Case Studies in Urban Design and Development
- 2011-09-01The Role of Scientific and Technical Data and Information in the Public Domain: Proceedings of a Symposium
- 2020-03-04Global Politics and EU Trade Policy: Facing the Challenges to a Multilateral Approach (European Yearbook of International Economic Law)
- 2019-12-29Facing the Challenges in Structural Engineering: Proceedings of the 1st GeoMEast International Congress and Exhibition, Egypt 2017 on Sustainable Civil Infrastructures
- 2019-12-28Beyond Databases, Architectures and Structures. Facing the Challenges of Data Proliferation and Growing Variety (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
- 2019-01-31Facing the Challenges of Water Governance
- 2019-01-13Facing the Challenges of Water Governance
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Human Smart Cities: Rethinking the Interplay between Design and Planning (Urban and Landscape Perspectives) - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Challenges of Ethics and Entrepreneurship in the Global Environment (Advances in the Study of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Urban Social Movements in the Third World
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Urban Ethic: Design in the Contemporary City
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.