[PDF] Urban Environmental Stewardship and Civic Engagement: How planting trees strengthens the roots of democracy (Routledge Explorations in Environmental Studies)
Posted on 2017-11-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Dana R. Fisher | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 152 | ISBN: 0415723639 | ISBN13: 9780415723633 |
Description: Once considered the antithesis of a verdant and vibrant ecosystem, cities are now being hailed as highly efficient and complex social ecological systems. Emerging from the streets of the post-industrial city are well-tended community gardens, rooftop farms and other viable habitats capable of supporting native flora and fauna. At the forefront of this transformation are the citizens living in the cities themselves. As people around the world increasingly relocate to urban areas, this book discusses how they engage in urban stewardship and what civic participation in the environment means for democracy. Drawing on data collected through a two-year study of volunteer stewards who planted trees as part of the MillionTreesNYC initiative in the United States, this book examines how projects like this can make a difference to the social fabric of a city. It analyses quantitative survey data along with qualitative interview data that enables the volunteers to share their personal stories and motivations for participating, revealing the strong link between environmental stewardship and civic engagement. As city governments in developed countries are investing more and more in green infrastructure campaigns to change the urban landscape, this book sheds light on the social importance of these initiatives and shows how individualsâ€™ efforts to reshape their cities serve to strengthen democracy. It draws out lessons that are highly applicable to global cities and policies on sustainability and civic engagement.
Urban Environmental Stewardship and Civic Engagement: How planting trees strengthens the roots of democracy (Routledge Explorations in Environmental Studies).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33646
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Urban Environmental Stewardship and Civic Engagement: How planting trees strengthens the roots of democracy (Routledge Explorations in Environmental Studies)
- 2020-04-26Urban Environmental Stewardship and Civic Engagement: How planting trees strengthens the roots of democracy (Routledge Explorations in Environmental Studies)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Scientists, Experts, and Civic Engagement: Walking a Fine Line (Ashgate Studies in Environmental Policy and Practice)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Urban Environmental Management and Technology (cSUR-UT Series: Library for Sustainable Urban Regeneration) - Removed
- 2017-10-23[PDF] The American Legal System and Civic Engagement: Why We All Should Think Like Lawyers - Removed
- 2017-04-08[PDF] E-Governance and Civic Engagement: Factors and Determinants of E-Democracy
- 2020-11-24Pentecostal and Charismatic Spiritualities and Civic Engagement in Zambia
- 2020-10-17Preparing for Elections and Civic Engagement
- 2020-10-14Preparing for Elections and Civic Engagement
- 2019-12-04Public Service Motivation and Civic Engagement: The Role of Pro-social Motivations in Shaping Society
- 2019-01-31Science Education and Civic Engagement The Next Level
- 2019-01-30Science Education and Civic Engagement The SENCER Approach
- 2019-01-30Pentecostal and Charismatic Spiritualities and Civic Engagement in Zambia
- 2018-07-08Social Media and Civic Engagement
- 2018-06-11Social Media and Civic Engagement
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Manga Mania: Chibi and Furry Characters: How to Draw the Adorable Mini-characters and Cool Cat-girls of Japanese Comics
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Acid Atmospheric Deposition and its Effects on Terrestrial Ecosystems in The Netherlands: The Third and Final Phase (1991-1995) (Studies in Environmental Science)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Urban Design: Ornament and Decoration
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Twitter API: Up and Running: Learn How to Build Applications with the Twitter API
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.