Posted on 2017-11-21, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Peter Murphy | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 257 | ISBN: 1472425359 | ISBN13: 9781472425355 |
Description: Students drop out of universities in large numbers, many graduate to jobs that do not require a degree and a large number learn little at university, whilst graduate salaries have shrunk over time and student loan debt and default have grown. University research achievements have declined while university administration has expanded massively. The contemporary university is mired in auditing, regulation, waste and aimlessness and its contribution to serious social innovation has deteriorated markedly. The miserable state of the universities reflects a larger social reality, as bureaucratic capitalism has replaced creative capitalism. Universities and Innovation Economies examines the rise and fall of the mass university and post-industrial society, considering how we might revitalize economic and intellectual creativity. Looking to a much more inventive social and economic paradigm to drive long-term growth, the author argues for a smaller, leaner, more effective university model - one capable of delivering a greater degree of high-level discovery and creative power. A potent critique of the post-industrial mass university that urges a reimagination of universities as places of discovery and invention, this book will appeal to readers interested in higher education, creativity, social theory, the sociology of work and organisations, political economy, pedagogy and public policy.
Universities and Innovation Economies: The Creative Wasteland of Post-Industrial Society.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33646
- 2020-05-09Universities and Innovation Economies: The Creative Wasteland of Post-Industrial Society
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Power and Identity in the Creative Writing Classroom: The Authority Project (New Writing Viewpoints)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Tradition and Innovation in the Ancient Near East: Proceedings of the 57th Rencontre Assyriologique International at Rome, 4-8 July 2011
- 2017-04-11[PDF] Conservatism and Innovation in the Hebrew Language of the Hellenistic Period: Proceedings of a Fourth International Symposium on the Hebrew of the ... (Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Volcanism and Evolution of the African Lithosphere (Special Paper (Geological Society of America))
- 2020-05-27International Perspectives on Business Innovation and Disruption in the Creative Industries: Film, Video and Photography
- 2018-08-26Gender and Innovation in the New Economy Women, Identity, and Creative Work
- 2018-08-16Gender and Innovation in the New Economy Women, Identity, and Creative Work
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Citizen Empowerment and Innovation in the Data-Rich City (Springer Tracts in Civil Engineering) - Removed
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Human Capital and Innovation: Examining the Role of Globalization (Palgrave Studies in Global Human Capital Management) - Removed
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Security and Privacy in the Digital Era (Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Management: Innovation and Technology)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Research and Practice on the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ): Linking Creativity, Engineering and Innovation - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Silver Market Phenomenon: Marketing and Innovation in the Aging Society - Removed
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Cultural Policy: Management, Value and Modernity in the Creative Industries
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Dr. Mutter's Marvels: A True Tale of Intrigue and Innovation at the Dawn of Modern Medicine
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Inspiration and Innovation: Religion in the American West
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Participatory Creativity: Introducing Access and Equity to the Creative Classroom
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Creativity and Innovation Among Science and Art: A Discussion of the Two Cultures - Removed
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Technology Roadmapping for Strategy and Innovation: Charting the Route to Success - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.