Posted on 2017-10-04, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Rosolu John Bankole Thompson | Publisher: T.M.C. Asser Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 141 | ISBN: 9462650535 | ISBN13: 9789462650534 |
Description: The doctrine of universal jurisdiction has evolved throughout modern times in the context of global criminal justice as a paramount agent of combating impunity emanating from international criminality. Sierra Leone, as a member of the international community and the United Nations, has, in recent times, been a pioneer in the progressive application and development of international criminal law in the African region. Despite this role, the countrys profile, both in terms of the incorporation and application of the doctrine of universal jurisdiction, is deficient in several major respects falling far short of its dual international obligation not to provide safe havens from justice for perpetrators of international crimes and to combat impunity from such criminogenic acts. Hence, a compelling reason for the author to write this book was to provide a seminal scholarly work on the subject articulating the existing state of the law in Sierra Leone and highlighting the deficiencies in the law and factors inhibiting the exercise of universal jurisdiction in this UN member state. It was also to propose necessary substantive and procedural law reforms in the states jurisprudence on the subject. The book is recommended reading for practitioners and scholars in international criminal law and related disciplines. Its accessibility is highly enhanced by relevant tables and summaries of each chapter. Justice Rosolu J.B. Thompson is Professor Emeritus of Criminal Justice Studies, Eastern Kentucky University, USA. He was a member of and Presiding Judge in Trial Chamber I of the Special Court for Sierra Leone.
Universal Jurisdiction: The Sierra Leone Profile (International Criminal Justice Series).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32069
- 2020-04-14Transitional Justice in Ghana: An Appraisal of the National Reconciliation Commission (International Criminal Justice Series (25))
- 2017-10-03[PDF] A Collective Theory of Genocidal Intent (International Criminal Justice Series)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] The Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia: Assessing Their Contribution to International Criminal Law (International Criminal Justice Series)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Oxford Companion to International Criminal Justice
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Oxford Companion to International Criminal Justice
- 2020-10-22The International Criminal Court in Turbulent Times (International Criminal Justice Series
- 2017-10-17[PDF] International Criminal Tribunals and Human Rights Law: Adherence and Contextualization (International Criminal Justice Series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Universal Jurisdiction in International Criminal Law: The Debate and the Battle for Hegemony (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The International Criminal Court and Global Social Control: International Criminal Justice in Late Modernity (Routledge Research in International Law)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Origins of the Cold War: An International History (Rewriting Histories)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Proceedings of the 8th Pacific Rim International Conference on Advanced Materials and Processing (PRICM-8)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Slavery Inc: The Untold Story of International Sex Trafficking
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Guide to the English School in International Studies
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Trusted Information - The New Decade Challenge (International Federation for Information Processing, Volume 193) - Removed
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Naval Mutinies of the Twentieth Century: An International Perspective (Cass Series: Naval Policy and History)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Universal Man: The Lives of John Maynard Keynes
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Activation or Workfare? Governance and the Neo-Liberal Convergence (International Policy Exchange Series)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Universal Design: The HUMBLES Method for User-Centred Business
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.