Posted on 2017-11-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nektarios Chrysoulakis and Eduardo Anselmo de Castro | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 0415835119 | ISBN13: 9780415835114 |
Description: Understanding Urban Metabolism addresses the gap between the bio-physical sciences and urban planning and illustrates the advantages of accounting for urban metabolism issues in urban design decisions. Urban metabolism considers a city as a system, and distinguishes between energy and material flows as its components. Based on research from the BRIDGE project, this book deals with how the urban surface exchanges and transforms energy, water, carbon and pollutants in cities. This book also introduces a new method for evaluating how planning alternatives can modify the physical flows of urban metabolism components and how environmental and socioeconomic components interact. The inclusion of sustainability principles into urban planning provides an opportunity to place the new knowledge provided by bio-physical sciences at the centre of the planning process, but there is a strong need to bridge knowledge and practice, as well as for a better dissemination of research results and exchange of best practice. This book meets that need and provides the reader with the necessary tools to integrate an understanding of urban metabolism into urban planning practice.
Understanding Urban Metabolism: A Tool for Urban Planning.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33286
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Understanding Urban Metabolism: A Tool for Urban Planning
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Understanding Urban Ecosystems: A New Frontier for Science and Education
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Understanding Urban Ecosystems: A New Frontier for Science and Education
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Energy in Agroecosystems: A Tool for Assessing Sustainability (Advances in Agroecology)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Physical Exercises: An Important Tool for Physical Therapy
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Developmental Work Research: A Tool for Enabling Collective Agricultural Innovation
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Contemporary Urban Planning
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Understanding Statistical Error: A Primer for Biologists
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Understanding Docker and using it for Selenium automation
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Change Laboratory: A Tool for Collaborative Development of Work and Education
- 2017-12-24[PDF] NMR Spectroscopy: A Versatile Tool for Environmental Research (eMagRes Books)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Understanding Medical Physiology: A Textbook for Medical Students
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Microwave Heating as a Tool for Sustainable Chemistry (Sustainability: Contributions through Science and Technology)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Plant Auditing: A Powerful Tool for Improving Metallurgical Plant Performance
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Heterogeneous Catalysis: A Versatile Tool for the Synthesis of Bioactive Heterocycles
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation, 3 edition - Removed
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Understanding Narrative Therapy: A Guidebook for the Social Worker
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Understanding and Using Essential Tools for Enterprise Linux 7 (2016) - Removed
- 2017-04-06[PDF] The Value Net: A Tool for Competitive Strategy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.