Posted on 2017-12-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Marcia J. Bates | Category: Computer Science | Language: English | Page: 752 | ISBN: 1439891966 | ISBN13: 9781439891964 |
Description: In order to be effective for their users, information retrieval (IR) systems should be adapted to the specific needs of particular environments. The huge and growing array of types of information retrieval systems in use today is on display in Understanding Information Retrieval Systems: Management, Types, and Standards, which addresses over 20 types of IR systems. These various system types, in turn, present both technical and management challenges, which are also addressed in this volume. In order to be interoperable in a networked environment, IR systems must be able to use various types of technical standards, a number of which are described in this bookâ€”often by their original developers. The book covers the full context of operational IR systems, addressing not only the systems themselves but also human user search behaviors, user-centered design, and management and policy issues. In addition to theory and practice of IR system design, the book covers Web standards and protocols, the Semantic Web, XML information retrieval, Web social mining, search engine optimization, specialized museum and library online access, records compliance and risk management, information storage technology, geographic information systems, and data transmission protocols. Emphasis is given to information systems that operate on relatively unstructured data, such as text, images, and music. The book is organized into four parts: Part I supplies a broad-level introduction to information systems and information retrieval systems Part II examines key management issues and elaborates on the decision process around likely information system solutions Part III illustrates the range of information retrieval systems in use today discussing the technical, operational, and administrative issues for each type Part IV discusses the most important organizational and technical standards needed for successful information retrieval This volume brings together authoritative articles on the different types of information systems and how to manage real-world demands such as digital asset management, network management, digital content licensing, data quality, and information system failures. It explains how to design systems to address human characteristics and considers key policy and ethical issues such as piracy and preservation. Focusing on webâ€“based systems, the chapters in this book provide an excellent starting point for developing and managing your own IR systems.
Understanding Information Retrieval Systems: Management, Types, and Standards.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34646
- 2009-01-01Social Information Retrieval Systems: Emerging Technologies and Applications for Searching the Web Effectively (Premier Reference Source)
- 2008-12-22Social Information Retrieval Systems: Emerging Technologies and Applications for Searching the Web Effectively
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Emerging Artificial Intelligence Applications in Computer Engineering: Real Word AI Systems with Applications in eHealth, HCI, Information Retrieval ... in Artificial Intelligence and Applications)
- 2020-05-19Information Systems, Management, Organization and Control: Smart Practices and Effects (Lecture Notes in Information Systems and Organisation)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Modern Information Retrieval: The Concepts and Technology behind Search (2nd Edition) (ACM Press Books)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Functional Impairment: Management, Types and Challenges
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Human Information Retrieval (History and Foundations of Information Science)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Intelligent Techniques in Engineering Management: Theory and Applications (Intelligent Systems Reference Library)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Understanding Electric Power Systems: An Overview of the Technology, the Marketplace, and Government Regulation - Removed
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Modern Information Retrieval: The Concepts and Technology behind Search (2nd Edition) (ACM Press Books)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Human Information Retrieval (History and Foundations of Information Science)
- 2011-10-27Text Information Retrieval Systems, Third Edition (Library and Information Science) (Library and Information Science)
- 2011-08-01Text Information Retrieval Systems, Third Edition (Library and Information Science) (Library and Information Science)
- 2020-01-15Analysis of Energy Systems: Management, Planning and Policy
- 2019-12-26Healthcare Systems Management: Methodologies and Applications: 21st Century Perspectives of Asia (Managing the Asian Century) - Removed
- 2019-01-25Advances in Multiple Criteria Decision Making and Human Systems Management Knowledge and Wisdom
- 2019-01-07Advances in Multiple Criteria Decision Making and Human Systems Management Knowledge and Wisdom
- 2018-07-08Supramolecular Systems Chemistry, Types, and Applications
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Understanding Wood Finishing: How to Select and Apply the Right Finish
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.