Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Philip Kennedy | Category: Christianity | Language: English | Page: 384 | ISBN: 184511955X | ISBN13: 9781845119553 |
Description: One needs to be a lunatic to become a Christian, the 19th century Danish philosopher Soren Kierkegaard once observed. Had he lived in the 20th century he might have discerned even more of an obstacle to faith. For during the last century the human condition changed more rapidly than during any previous era, taking that condition far away from the historical circumstances in which Christianity was born. In his new book, Philip Kennedy explores the ways Christian theologians of the 20th century tried to live a productive religious life in a world overtaken by massive upheaval and innovation. The book is distinctive in a number of respects. First, it differs from other surveys of theology by adopting a biographical method, examining the lives of its subjects in historical context. Second, it is more progressive than its competitors, covering many theologians other than white male professors espcially women who have worked outside the academy or on the margins of the churches. Third, it is international, focusing on theologians in all the continents of the world rather than just Europe or North America. Fourth, it makes no assumptions that its readers are religious or that theology is uniquely credible. There is a need for a sensitive new textbook reassessing the subject in the light of modern concerns and skepticism about religion. This book meets that need.
Twentieth-Century Theologians: A New Introduction to Modern Christian Thought.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35828
- 2017-12-05[PDF] Secret Scriptures Revealed: A new introduction to the Christian Apocrypha
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Secret Scriptures Revealed: A new introduction to the Christian Apocrypha
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Twentieth-Century Britain: A Very Short Introduction
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Twentieth-Century Catholic Theologians
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Twentieth-Century Britain: A Very Short Introduction
- 2021-08-03Twentieth Century Britain Very Short Introduction Oxford
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Labor Rights Are Civil Rights: Mexican American Workers in Twentieth-Century America (Politics and Society in Modern America)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Twentieth-Century Continental Philosophy (Routledge History of Philosophy, Vol. 8)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Twentieth-Century Europe: A Brief History, 1900 to the Present
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Twentieth-Century Philosophy of Religion: The History of Western Philosophy of Religion, Volume 5
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Twentieth-Century Music and Politics: Essays in Memory of Neil Edmunds
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Twentieth Century History For Dummies
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Twentieth-Century Harmony: Creative Aspects and Practice
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Twentieth Century Music and the Question of Modernity
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Twentieth-Century Multiplicity (American Thought and Culture)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Twentieth-Century World, 7th Eidtion
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Twentieth Century: The History of the World, 1901 to 2000
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Twentieth Century Population Thinking: A Critical Reader of Primary Sources (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Twentieth Century Industrial Archaeology
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.