Posted on 2017-12-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Neil Edmunds by Pauline Fairclough | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 292 | ISBN: 1409400263 | ISBN13: 9781409400264 |
Description: When considering the role music played in the major totalitarian regimes of the century it is music's usefulness as propaganda that leaps first to mind. But as a number of the chapters in this volume demonstrate, there is a complex relationship both between art music and politicised mass culture, and between entertainment and propaganda. Nationality, self/other, power and ideology are the dominant themes of this book, whilst key topics include: music in totalitarian regimes music as propaganda music and national identity emigre communities and composers music's role in shaping identities of 'self' and 'other' and music as both resistance to and instrument of oppression. Taking the contributions together it becomes clear that shared experiences such as war, dictatorship, colonialism, exile and emigration produced different, yet clearly inter-related musical consequences.
Twentieth-Century Music and Politics: Essays in Memory of Neil Edmunds.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34277
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Twentieth Century Music and the Question of Modernity
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Twentieth Century Music and the Question of Modernity
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Twentieth-century Space And Astronomy: A History of Notable Research And Discovery (Twentieth-Century Science)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Twentieth-Century War and Conflict: A Concise Encyclopedia
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Twentieth Century Mystics and Sages
- 2018-09-20Apparitions Essays on Adorno and Twentieth-Century Music
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Convent Music and Politics in Eighteenth-Century Vienna
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Music of Bela Bartok: A Study of Tonality and Progression in Twentieth-Century Music
- 2019-07-05 @(Precious) - Why You Should Read My Twentieth Century Evening and Other Small Breakthroughs: The Nobel Lecture by Kazuo Ishiguro Online or Download [~MOBI ~EPUB ~PDF]
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Perceptions of Pregnancy from the Seventeenth to the Twentieth Century (Genders and Sexualities in History) - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Music and Politics in San Francisco: From the 1906 Quake to the Second World War
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Political Philosophy in the Twentieth Century: Authors and Arguments
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Walls Come Tumbling Down: The Music and Politics of Rock Against Racism, 2 Tone and Red Wedge
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The War of the World: Twentieth-Century Conflict and the Descent of the West
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Spirals: The Whirled Image in Twentieth-Century Literature and Art (Modernist Latitudes)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Witchcraft and Magic in Europe, Vol. 6: The Twentieth Century (Witchcraft and Magic in Europe)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Twentieth-Century Harmony: Creative Aspects and Practice
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Uproot: Travels in 21st-Century Music and Digital Culture
- 2017-11-13[PDF] The Age of the Poets - And Other Writings on Twentieth-Century Poetry and Prose
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.