[PDF] True Genius: The Life and Work of Richard Garwin, the Most Influential Scientist You've Never Heard of
Posted on 2018-01-24, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Joel Shurkin | Publisher: https://pxhst.co/avaxhome/3a/99/0043993a_medium.jpg | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 324 | ISBN: 1633882233 | ISBN13: 9781633882232 |
Description: Richard Garwin was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama Called a "true genius" by Enrico Fermi, Richard Garwin has influenced modern life in far-reaching ways, yet he is hardly known outside the physics community. This is the first biography of one of America's great mindsâ€“a top physicist, a brilliant technological innovator, and a trusted advisor of presidents for sixty years. Among his many contributions to modern technology are innovations we now take for granted: air-traffic control systems, touch screens, color monitors, laser printers, GPS satellite navigation, and many other facets of everyday contemporary life. But certainly his most important work has been on behalf of nuclear disarmament. As a key member of the Los Alamos team that developed the hydrogen bomb (he created the final design), Garwin subsequently devoted much of his career to ensuring that nuclear weapons never again be used. He has spent hundreds of hours testifying before Congress, serving on government advisory committees, and doing work that is still classified, all the while working for IBM as a researcher. A genuine polymath, his ideas extend from propulsion systems for interplanetary flight to preventing flu epidemics. Never shy about offering his opinions, even to rigid government bureaucracies unwilling to change, Garwin continues to show leaders how to do the smart thing. The world is a more interesting and safer place because of his many accomplishments.
True Genius: The Life and Work of Richard Garwin, the Most Influential Scientist You've Never Heard of.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35614
- 2018-01-24[PDF] True Genius: The Life and Work of Richard Garwin, the Most Influential Scientist You've Never Heard of
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Secret History of Rock: The Most Influential Bands You've Never Heard
- 2013-01-01Secret History of Rock: The Most Influential Bands You've Never Heard
- 2011-05-19Roni Sarig - Secret History of Rock: The Most Influential Bands You've Never Heard
- 2009-05-08Secret History of Rock: The Most Influential Bands You've Never Heard
- 2009-05-07Secret History of Rock: The Most Influential Bands You've Never Heard
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Who?: The Most Remarkable People You've Never Heard of
- 2017-10-17[PDF] True Genius: The Life and Science of John Bardeen
- 2017-01-19[PDF] True Genius: The Life and Science of John Bardeen
- 2018-01-27[PDF] A Tragic Honesty: The Life and Work of Richard Yates
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Peace Pilgrim: Her Life and Work in Her Own Words
- 2017-11-06[PDF] George Gershwin: His Life and Work
- 2021-01-08The Best Trapezius Exercises You've Never Heard Of Build and Strengthen Your Traps
- 2021-01-08The Best Thigh Exercises You've Never Heard Of Shape and Strengthen Your Thighs
- 2021-01-08The Best Calf Exercises You've Never Heard Of Shape and Strengthen Your Calves
- 2018-12-10VA - The Rough Guide To The Best Country Blues You've Never Heard Reborn And Remastered (2018)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] 100 Photographs: The Most Influential Images of All Time
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Hello, Wine: The Most Essential Things You Need to Know About Wine
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Son of the 100 Best Movies You've Never Seen
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.