Posted on 2017-12-18, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Robert J. Ursano | Publisher: American Psychiatric Publishing | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 188 | ISBN: 1585621153 | ISBN13: 9781585621156 |
Description: In our increasingly dangerous worldAbrought into urgent focus by the September 11, 2001, attacksAthe need to manage the psychiatric consequences of traumatic events and disasters has never been greater. The editors of this powerful reference summarize our current understanding of the complex psychological, behavioral, and social responses to disaster, and present a compelling case for intensifying our focus on delivery and intervention efforts. In just five chapters, 16 distinguished contributors examine the impact of trauma from the personal to the community level. This critical book -reviews the neurobiologic and neuroanatomic responses to severe traumatic events, focusing on posttraumatic stress disorder to show how an initially adaptive response becomes maladaptive by producing long-term adverse consequences. -discusses the psychiatric epidemiology of disaster, presenting a guide for clinicians in identifying and following groups at high risk for developing psychiatric disorders and an empirical blueprint for developing community interventions. -details the impact of traumatic stressors on children, using the 9/11 terrorist attacks to illustrate many points and debunking the myth that children are more resilient than adultsAthus reinforcing their assertion that we need to improve the delivery of mental health services to traumatized children. -presents material from an international consensus conference on the psychological interventions following mass violence, reviewing the psychological impact of disasters (including risk and protective factors) and acute interventions for trauma (e.g., psychological debriefing, treatment of traumatic grief, pharmacotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and interventions for children). -concludes with the special dilemmas posed by weapons of mass destruction, including chemical, biological, nuclear, radiological, and high-yield explosives, discussing the attributes that make these weapons especially effective as instruments of terror and offering recommendations on how nations can enhance preparedness against these weapons. This volume is a must-read for educators, students, residents, clinicians, and social workersAin short, anyone interested in helping to heal the psychological fallout from traumatic events and disasters.
Trauma and Disaster Responses and Management (Review of Psychiatry Series, Vol 22, No 1).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34479
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Obesity and Mental Disorders (Medical Psychiatry Series)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] CPHIMS Review Guide, Third Edition: Preparing for Success in Healthcare Information and Management Systems (HIMSS Book Series)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Leadership and Management in Nursing Test Success: An Unfolding Case Study Review
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Leadership and Management in Healthcare
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Trauma and the Avoidant Client: Attachment-Based Strategies for Healing (Norton Professional Books (Hardcover))
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Diagnosis and Management of Pituitary Disorders (Contemporary Endocrinology) - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Modelling and Management of Engineering Processes - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Ecology and Management of a Forested Landscape: Fifty Years on the Savannah River Site
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Trauma and Combat Critical Care in Clinical Practice - Removed
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Algebra and Trigonometry Review to Prepare for Calculus in College: This is a precise isolation of the most important information from Algebra and Trigonometry in order to be prepared for Calculus.
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Evaluation and Management of Cleft Lip and Palate
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Diagnosis and Management of Oral Lesions and Conditions: A Resource Handbook for the Clinician
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Creativity and Innovation in Organizational Teams (Series in Organization and Management)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Theory and Management of Collective Strategies in International Business: The Impact of Globalization on Japanese German Business Cooperations in Asia [German] - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Economics and Management of the Food Industry (Routledge Textbooks in Environmental and Agricultural Economics)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Consumption and Management: New Discovery and Applications
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Entrepreneurship and Management in an Islamic Context - Removed
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Ethics and Management in the Public Sector
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Transfer and Management of Knowledge (ISTE)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.