Posted on 2017-12-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Julie Cidell, David Prytherch | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Misc | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 1138891347 | ISBN13: 9781138891340 |
Description: The contemporary urban experience is defined by flow and structured by circulating people, objects, and energy. Geographers have long provided key insights into transportation systems. But today, concerns for social justice and sustainability motivate new, critical approaches to mobilities. Reimagining the city prompts an important question: How best to rethink urban geographies of transport and mobility? This original book explores connections in theory and practice between transport geographies and "new mobilities" in the production of urban space. It provides a broad introduction to intersecting perspectives of urban geography, transport geography, and mobilities studies on urban "places of flows." Diverse, international, and leading-edge contributions reinterpret everyday intersections as nodes, urban corridors as links, cities and regions as networks, and the discourses and imaginaries that frame the politics and experiences of mobility. The chapters illuminate nearly all aspects of urban transport, from street regulation and roadway planning, intended and "subversive" practices of car and truck drivers, planning and promotion of mass transit investments, and the restructuring of freight and logistics networks. Together these offer a unique and important contribution for social scientists, planners, and others interested in the politics of the city on the move.
Transport, Mobility, and the Production of Urban Space (Routledge Studies in Human Geography).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34781
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Performativity, Politics, and the Production of Social Space (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Performativity, Politics, and the Production of Social Space (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- 2016-10-26Transport, Mobility, and the Production of Urban Space
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Cities, Business, and the Politics of Urban Violence in Latin America
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Cultural Industries and the Production of Culture (Routledge Studies in International Business and the World Economy)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Kenzo Tange and the Metabolist Movement: Urban Utopias of Modern Japan
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Kenzo Tange and the Metabolist Movement: Urban Utopias of Modern Japan
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Cultural Industries and the Production of Culture (Routledge Studies in International Business and the World Economy)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Latin American Writers and the Rise of Hollywood Cinema (Routledge Studies in Twentieth-Century Literature)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Benjamin Constant and the Birth of French Liberalism (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] A Forensic Linguistic Approach to Legal Disclosures: ERISA Cash Balance Conversion Cases and the Contextual Dynamics of Deception (Routledge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] China on the Move: Migration, the State, and the Household (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Business Ethics and the Austrian Tradition in Economics (Routledge Frontiers of Political Economy)
- 2018-01-03[PDF] St. Augustine and the Theory of Just War (Continuum Studies in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Miraculous Growth and Stagnation in Post-War Japan (Routledge Studies in the Modern World Economy)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Retailising Space: Architecture, Retail and the Territorialisation of Public Space (Ashgate Studies in Architecture)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] American Literature and the Free Market, 1945-2000 (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Economics, Economists and Expectations: From Microfoundations to Macroapplications (Routledge Studies in the History of Economics)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] British Travellers and the Encounter with Britain, 1450-1700 (Studies in Early Modern Cultural, Political and Social History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.